The Kemper got a nice compliment today

• Our St. Patricks Day gig was one with two stages, twelve bands, as well as DJs, a pipe and drum corp, live radio station coverage.
    (it was in DUBLIN, um...er...Ohio) LOL

A singer from another band walked up to me, and asked: "What are you using for a guitar amp?"
    I pointed to the Kemper - he asked to see it, so he could tell HIS guitar player about it :)

He said "It sounds terrific - everything you play sounds great with that thing! "

• I'm hearing great things from some OK profiles. I think it has a lot to do with the player.

Do you know the guys from Homeland? My wife's favorite American band for traditional Irish/Rock music.
    They used to play Raleigh a lot, but stay more in Ohio these days.

Do you cover traditional Irish songs? (Whiskey in a Jar, etc)

• Our St. Patricks Day gig was one with two stages, twelve bands, as well as DJs, a pipe and drum corp, live radio station coverage.
    (it was in DUBLIN, um...er...Ohio) LOL

A singer from another band walked up to me, and asked: "What are you using for a guitar amp?"
    I pointed to the Kemper - he asked to see it, so he could tell HIS guitar player about it :)

He said "It sounds terrific - everything you play sounds great with that thing! "

Hehe, funny how a singer could even be bothered.
    ;)
    Things happen that way with the KPA.
    Oh, that rhymes... :D

• I'm hearing great things from some OK profiles. I think it has a lot to do with the player.

Do you know the guys from Homeland? My wife's favorite American band for traditional Irish/Rock music.
    They used to play Raleigh a lot, but stay more in Ohio these days.

Do you cover traditional Irish songs? (Whiskey in a Jar, etc)

The closest thing we play to traditional Irish is U2 - we play '80s Rock, New Wave, and Pop music :)

St. Patricks Day is a big party around here, so there are plenty of gigs for all genres of music.

I don't know the members of Homeland - they are based about 50 miles (90km) away from us. I'll watch for them when the Dublin Irish Festival happens - it is a couple of days of traditional and modern Irish music (but, doesn't happen around St. Patricks Day).

• I think America has a real hunger for Celtic Rock. Some Traditional songs thrown in for good measure but updated with a rock tempo. My wife is all Irish and loves and hungers for a more aggressive Rock with a Celtic flavor (a fiddle thrown in)

• Thanks, Ben! Needless to say, you would have no trouble with Hartley's pride, either!

It's funny you mentioned Peavey - one of our local Music Go Rounds just got a 70s Peavey 2-12 cab, complete with those duct tape-looking aluminum vertical grille cloth edges. Someone put a pair of Celestions in it. My first thought was how ironic my toaster would look sitting on that cabinet (didn't buy it, though...)

And, thanks to DB9091 for the initial statementt - I read it as a general thought about so many great sounding clips posted by so many people. Loading someone else's profile is like playing through their amp and pedalboard - if they have a radically different touch/feel/style or a very different guitar, you may not hear the magic that was in the soundclip without some tweaking :)

You're right about Celtic Rock- it fits right in with the roots music boom, but can be extremely high energy, at the same time.

• I believe somebody did it in the first days of release, just as a trial. Don't think it ever made it to the RE..... 8)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff