In Search of the Holy Grail, Part I (Joe Satriani)

• In Search of the Holy Grail Tone of Joe Satriani

Hi Folks,

by coincidence really i stumbled into "the" satch-tone, or at least one very close.
    i was messing around a little bit and used the Plexi norm and Plexi solo {by MILLA} while recording
    and there it was. i stopped listening to joe back in 1993, so it was a surprise i sounded a lot like Joe!
    if u want to listen to it: here it is on my homepage , the summer song.
    i have used the plexi solo, didn´t change a lot, added reverb and delay from the KPA, added just a little bit of
    a room in cubase, that's it, folks. i am very satisfied with this one.
    please follow my threads, maybe you can help me elsewhere.

cheers!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• yes indeed!
    the profiles of those axe-fx by MiLLA were good indeed. isn't that funny? :D
    Alejandro: sorry my homepage is in german only :) in order to listen to the song just click on the cover ;)

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• Bumping this, because there was some interest from forum members. enjoy the summer song while autumn is coming :( in Germany.

• Hi Geraldo - did a quick search for this on the exchange and found the plexi norm but couldn't find the plexi solo. The only other plexis I found from Milla were the plexi treble 1 and 2 - could these be the ones?

Cheers for the info though!

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Brattcave,

if i were french i would have to say: "je suis très desolé, monsieur!" i cannot - for the love of god - find this rig.
    neither in my backups, nor in my KPA, nor on the rig exchange. i have used a rig by MiLLa, that is for sure.
    Maybe i renamed the plexi norm and tweaked it or it is one of the other two and i added the essential delay there
    sorry that i cannot be of more help here! :wacko: