dxr active speakers

• From The manual:

Master Left (or Right for Direct Output):
    Delivers only one side of the stereo signal of “Mod Stereo”. This will sound similar to
    Master Mono but often less dense, depending what stereo effects are used.

Mod Stereo (Not available for Direct Output and Monitor Output, as these are mono outputs):
    This stereo signal is tapped directly behind the MOD section and contains the whole
    signal, but without Delay and Reverb.

Ergo: No Delay and no Reverb with this setup.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

Edited once, last by Kempermaniac ().

• Stephan, du stehst dir gerade selbst im Weg... :)

I just tested this again!
    Connect monitor out to the left speaker, direct out to the right speaker.
    In the master menu, choose master left for monitor output and master right for direct output.
    Voilà, a true stereo signal.

To the OP who mentioned that the direct output had less volume:
    The solution is that direct out still has its own dedicated volume in this configuration (Page 2 in the master menu). Make sure that direct volume matches monitor volume.

Conclusion: there is no bug, everything works as designed.
    8)

• I have a small question.
    I want to use "monitor" and "direct out" connected to the DXR 12s.
    On the "master page", you can set the "Monitor" = "Master Left" and "Direct" = "Master Right", ( if I remember correctly).
    Although I set the same volume on both so is it different levels out from KPA ?(

I have just tested this again. Using your above configuration (which is correct for getting stereo monitor out) you also must match monitor and direct out volume on page 2 of the master menu.

I get the same level of left and right signals, identical to main output.

• I have just tested this again. Using your above configuration (which is correct for getting stereo monitor out) you also must match monitor and direct out volume on page 2 of the master menu.

I get the same level of left and right signals, identical to main output.

Yes, I matched both volume levels on page 2 but there was different levels.
    Direct out has lower level then Monitor out.
    I even tried to swap the cables to DXR, (shifting R and L), and still lower output from Direct out.

I will try this again to se if I got the same result.
    Now I know it works for you so there is no bug in program version 2.0.0 beta :).

I get back then I have tested some more.

Thank´s for your help Ingolf :)

• You're welcome. Please let us know what you'll find.

Hi,
    This one was a hard one to solve.
    Finally I got it to work but I had to do a total reset, (see below)
    After reset and I restored my backup I also had the problem back so I had to start from scratch with all my rigs and settings.
    But now it works :thumbup:

-------------------------------------------------------

INSTALL OR REINSTALL THE FIRMWARE

Switch the main knob off;

download the latest KPA firmware;

use your usual KPA-formatted USB stick;

copy the unzipped firmware file kaos.bin into the root folder of the USB stick (NOTE: there must be no other copy of the kaos.bin file elsewhere on the stick);

plug the USB stick into the KPA;

press and hold both '<' and '>' keys;

switch KPA to tuner while still holding both keys;

something like 'booting and installing' will be displayed;

wait until the firmware is reinstalled;

erase the internal flash memory. NOTE: all the rigs will be erased during this procedure!

switch the main knob to off;

hold the left/top soft-key above the LCD;
    switch KPA to tuner while still holding this key: Maintenance Module will be started;

in the Maintenance menu go to Memory;

use Memory FormatFlash and InitFlash;

check if the KPA works (booting, tuner);

reinstall your rigs. I recommend to just install the stock rigs (in case you have corrupted rigs on your USB stick);

load additional rigs;
    check if all rigs work.

-------------------------------------------------------

// Björn

• Did you really have to flash?
    Why?
    I still don't see what the problem and the solution was.

Problem was different levels out from "Monitor out" and "Direct out".then setting those to Master Left and Master Right.
    Match same level out on Master page 2.
    I connected those to my mixer instead when I tested the second time,,equal settings on gain input mixer.
    Testing with a lot of different rigs but level from "Direct out port" was much lower then "Monitor out port".

I even tested to disable Stomps, Stack and Effect section but same problem, level out from "Direct out" lower.
    I downgrade to 1.8.2 but no difference.
    Upgrade again to 2.0.0 beta but no difference.

Finaly made a "total reset", Formating Flash and Init Flash, testing levels with Def rig comming up after that and levels are equal.
    (Had to do some settings again under Master section of course before trying).

Made a restore of my backup I had taken before reset and now I got the problem back.

Doing a total reset again and this time I did not restore my backup instead I had to import all my rigs and make my midisettings and all the other settings from scratch again.
    Now are levels out equal, problem gone, so this was the soloution.

Happy Kemper guy again :)

// Björn

• Björn, of course I have understood what the problem was in the sense of symptoms but not the reason for it, so my curiosity is with that. ;)
    I think it would be useful to send your short summary to somebody from Kemper on this forum, e.g. Burkhard or Timo, as due to the traffic here this might get lost otherwise.

It's good all is working now as expected!

• Björn, of course I have understood what the problem was in the sense of symptoms but not the reason for it, so my curiosity is with that. ;)
    I think it would be useful to send your short summary to somebody from Kemper on this forum, e.g. Burkhard or Timo, as due to the traffic here this might get lost otherwise.

It's good all is working now as expected!

Ingolf, I suppose you did :)
    I just thought I write a detailed explenation.
    Yeah, I could send Timo a copy of my problem and my solution just for info if anyone else got the same problem.
    Thanks for your help :thumbup:

// Björn