Err, question...what's the difference between 'Monitor' out/Cabs OFF, and 'Mains' out/Cabs OFF?

• No difference. :)

Someone at TGP reckons that the Mains Out cabs OFF sounds much better than Monitor out Cabs OFF...there is no difference, both activate the Cab Driver.

CK confirms this in his post at TGP, but they don't seem to take any notice.

"There is two ways to bypass the cabinet section and activate what we
    CabDriver: use "MonitorCabOff" to globally bypass the virtual cab for
    the mono monitor output only, while the full studio sound is still
    delivered.

Or switch off the cabinet section directly. The latter has no sonic
    benefit, it delivers the same sound, but stereo to the main outs as
    well.
    "

• Correct. The only exception would be that you have some EQ going on either monitor or main out which would make up for a significant difference.
    I made this mistake once and was, err, a bit confused. :rolleyes:
    I get that there's quite some misconception going on at TGP about what the KPA can do and how it does it.
    Not on the same educational level as our forum here.

• I thought I read somewhere that the cab driver can't be stereo and that cab driver was only present at the Monitor output jack.

Did they mean it can't be implemented for a Monitor Cab Off in stereo but turning the Cab button off in the Stack does give cab driver in stereo at the Main Output?

• Yes, IIRC the discussion, it was related to the possibility to have a stereo Monitor, which would sum up to 4 mono channels to serve. The question was whether there's processor power enough for the purpose.

• I thought I read somewhere that the cab driver can't be stereo and that cab driver was only present at the Monitor output jack.

Did they mean it can't be implemented for a Monitor Cab Off in stereo but turning the Cab button off in the Stack does give cab driver in stereo at the Main Output?

Cab driver for the main out is stereo if you switch off the cab button in the stack.
    For the monitor out it will only be mono either when you tick the cab off button or cause the cab button in the stack.
    Te second/alternative monitor out will always be without cab driver.
    The reason for this is processing power.

• Thanks for the clarification. This means I can switch my cabling and make full use of my stereo power amp and pair of cabs!
    Is there a way to lock the cab button off without locking all rigs to a single cab?

Cab driver for the main out is stereo if you switch off the cab button in the stack.
    For the monitor out it will only be mono either when you tick the cab off button or cause the cab button in the stack.
    Te second/alternative monitor out will always be without cab driver.
    The reason for this is processing power.

• Thanks for the clarification. This means I can switch my cabling and make full use of my stereo power amp and pair of cabs!
    Is there a way to lock the cab button off without locking all rigs to a single cab?

Using cabdriver your rig will contain certain aspects of the underlying cab.
    Of course not like having a 1x12" guitar cab sound like a 4x12" or vice versa but you can still change cabs and hear a difference.

Is this your question?

• if you want stereo out! the best thing is to use the main out and save cab to off on all the rigs you use....it i a mess to use the lock feature you will end up with yhe same cab on all rigs and if yo save you get the same cab saved to all your rigs....tried it and been there 8|

it really wonder me why CK doun´t make a cab off bottom for main out ass there are for the monitor out... ;(

• Press cab to switch it off, press and hold Lock and at the same time press cab again, done. Do it again to switch on. Where is the mess? ?(

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• it is not a mess to lock the cab... :D
    is is a mess that the cab you lock will be the one you have on all the rigs you use, and if you save any rig it will overwrite the original rig cab....and that is a mess. ;(

• I meant to lock it in "off" status....or did I misunderstood?

I think that is the problem. Locking the cab, either on, or off, also locks that particular cab so when you switch rigs you bring that particular locked cab driver with you....
    If you could lock only the status of the Cab button without locking the cab itself would be usefull. That way you don't have to save each rig with the cab switch in the off position individually for the rigs you want to use for power amp in stereo from main outputs.

I think I'm going to start creating copies of my favorite power amp/guitar cab rigs to be dedicated stereo rigs. Right now, to keep track of things I put a prefix in the name of all my rigs: ".1" for my power amp/guitar cab rigs and a prefix of ".2" for my FRFR rigs.....so ".3" can be the power amp/guitar cab rigs in stereo...

the prefix keeps them grouped together in the menus.

• I think that is the problem. Locking the cab, either on, or off, also locks that particular cab so when you switch rigs you bring that particular locked cab driver with you....
    If you could lock only the status of the Cab button without locking the cab itself would be usefull. That way you don't have to save each rig with the cab switch in the off position individually for the rigs you want to use for power amp in stereo from main outputs.

I think I'm going to start creating copies of my favorite power amp/guitar cab rigs to be dedicated stereo rigs. Right now, to keep track of things I put a prefix in the name of all my rigs: ".1" for my power amp/guitar cab rigs and a prefix of ".2" for my FRFR rigs.....so ".3" can be the power amp/guitar cab rigs in stereo...

the prefix keeps them grouped together in the menus.

I get you know. Your suggestion to have a cab off option for the main out as well makes perfect sense!
    +1 !

• So, if someone like Toneboy at TGP hears a difference between Monitor Out or Mains Out, Cabs OFF, the only difference he can be hearing is if he has different Global EQ's set on his Monitor and Mains Out. :?:

• So, if someone like Toneboy at TGP hears a difference between Monitor Out or Mains Out, Cabs OFF, the only difference he can be hearing is if he has different Global EQ's set on his Monitor and Mains Out. :?:

Either this or placebo.
    This is also backed up by CK himself, I think.