Input clipping with The Amp Factory profiles

• Lock the input block - then your settings will be used for all rigs.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Many of my purchased Amp Factory profiles are clipping the input. Stock profiles and others downloaded from the Rig Exchange do not. What is the best way to adjust this? I believe my Clean Sense and Distorted Sense are at default settings, 5.0 and 0.0 respectively.

I must say I've found this too. All I did was turn the volume for each preset down this seemed too fix it but I did wonder why all my amp factory ones did this

• What do you mean by 'clipping the input'?

The "input clipping" of the KPA is the same for all rigs (amp factory or whatever) - it depends mainly on your guitars output and the settings in the input section (which can be locked via the lock key).
    Then all rigs use the same settings.

If "input clipping" is the clipping of your mixer or amp - then all you need to do is to reduce the output of the KPA - which can be adjusted via the KPA's "Master Volume".

If the clipping is "inside of the KPA" then the patch is bad created e.g. to much boost in the cab block, EQ ....
    Switch off all blocks but the one in the stack section - and check again.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• ok, output clipping.

1) Please check if the rigs use an EQ block after the stack - switch it off or check the settings if there is a volume boost - set it to 0.
    2) Check the cab block - if there is a volume boost (set it to 0)

• By "input clipping", I mean the input LED is turning red. This only happens with The Amp Factory profiles. All other profiles stay green or occasionally yellow on the input LED.

I thought the Clean Sense only affects clean profiles and has no impact on distorted tones? If I turn down the Clean Sense, will this prevent the input from clipping on all profiles?

• By "input clipping", I mean the input LED is turning red. This only happens with The Amp Factory profiles. All other profiles stay green or occasionally yellow on the input LED.

you need to turn down the 'profile/rig volume' of the amp factory profiles, not the main master volume. turning the master volume down will just keep the same balance problem at a lower level. TAF profiles are loud, i have to turn the volume pot in the bottom right corner to around 7/8 oclock on the dial for when recording

• Same issue on the profiles. You can also turn the cabinet volume down. I would test both and do whatever adjustment maintains the best dynamics...either rig volume or cabinet volume reduction.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: