Anyone tried Pyle mini amps?

• I have wondered the same thing but, I have used Pyle mixers before and they are pretty noisy and don't last more than a few months unfortunately.

I guess you get what you pay for. ;(

J

• They advertise 120 watts per channel @4ohms per channel (with no mention of RMS wattage or percentage of total harmonic distortion). If you have eight or 16 ohm wedges, it may be closer to 50 or 35 RMS watts per channel.

If you can find either of these as used gear for a similar price, you might be happier in the long run (I saw all of these sell for less than $150 USD recently on eBay):

Crate Powerblock
    Stewart Electronics PA-200

Vintage pro-quality rackmount stereo power amps also go for low bucks, because they don't have 1000 watts per channel:

Crown
    BGW
    Hafler
    QSC
    EV
    Carvin
    Mackie
    Carver

• Thanks. But i have nice big gear and cabs. I need something smaller to hang with an acoustic player at the cottage that fits in my trunk. I checked the Fender Mustang iii that someone here montioned, but that's more money, and since I already have those Squire wedges that I find sound great, I was toying with the idea of powering them with something small. Even a car or marine power amp. I was thinking those Pyles can't be much different than that little Crate? The Pyle's online manual says "THD 1kHx Rated Power 0.3%" if you can believe it. The signal to noise is 80dB, but the mp3 input bypasses its preamp. People on youtube use them for iPods. If i don't crank it, the hiss could be low enough?

But that Stewart is nice!

BTW, those little Squire wedges are akin to a closedback 1x12 celestion cab with a nice balanced horn. I find they sound great with the Kemper when I plug em straight into a big power amp. But I cut a bass port in mine. I'll only use one (mono) of the pair at the cottage.