First gig with the Kemper

• Hi,
    my name is Patrick and I own the KPA for about 5 months.
    I play guitar in a band called "Dropzity" and last weekend we were finally able to use it the first time in a live show.

The Profiler was switched by a Midi-track played through Logic, which also sent samples to the mixer and a click track to the drummer and me. Thanks to the rig exchange, andy's profiles and mostly your tips and advice on this forum, I was able to reproduce almost every single sound and effect we did in the studio! :) (Btw: So great to play a gig without "pedal-dancing")

Although the guitarists from the other bands smiled at me when they saw my "amp" and the guy behind the mixer asked me if I'd like to have pink xlr cables to connect the KPA to his mixing board, they were blown away when they heard the little toaster in action! :thumbup:
    Everything just worked and sounded so fine!

I just wanted to thank the Kemper team for building such an amazing product and you guys on the forum for always answering my questions (even if they are dumb :rolleyes: ) and helping me out!

Best regards,
    Patrick

(Btw: Where can I change my profile name on this forum?^^)

kemper.jpg

• Hi Patrick

good to hear about your success. :thumbup:

Would you mind giving some tips (hardcopies, templates) how you solved the switching with logic ?

Thank you

BR Ralf

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• Hey Ralf,
    maybe I could do a youtube tutorial when I have the time...
    But for now I can refere you to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzr9Ry5xc8Y It's for AxeFx but it helped me a lot!

Further more you have to know how to assign your rigs to midi program changes on your Kemper. You do that by loading a rig, than pressing the "System" button and then going to [Page 5/9]. Now you should see "Current Rig" (- which shows you the rig you have loaded) and "PrgChg#" (This shows you which rig is using the selected Midi program change number for now). So you just have to select the Midi program change you want your rig to be and to press "Assign".

I hope that was helpful to you!

cheers!