TRANSPOSE - I need some help please - PROBLEM SOLVED!

• Try it with (closed) headphones. If it works that way, it's probably strings of your guitar that you're hearing.

Hi'

Thanks. I will try that.

I have been playing at relative low volumen - so yes it could be as simple as that
    If it's just that - it's a bit embarrassing... :whistling:

Henrik

• Well guys.

I feel like a colossal idiot. I put headphones on and didnt really hear the problem too much. I still heard it slightly. I lifted my headphones and turned off my guitar to hear if the strings were what I was hearing. So then I turned my KPA up louder than I usually play and the problem was mostly gone. I now focused on the strings and It was becoming pretty clear that it was the strings I was hearing and not some malfunction of the Transpose function.

So as a final test I did a recording to see if the problem was heard in the recording. The recording sounded great with no problems at all!

All along is was simple operator error on my part.

You guys called it right! It is the strings that we are hearing. I dont know why I didnt pick up on it before. Because we are not down tuning the guitars physically but altering the tone in the KPA the strings still ring out in standard or whatever tuning you are in and it creates that harmony like note when using the Transpose function in lower volumes. When you play louder or record and dont hear the string ring out its accurate and works amazing!

Thanks guys!

• Yep, it is the strings y'all are hearing. I heard it at first then just turned the volume up and it disappeared. Transpose works exceptionally well.

• This is an old thread, but you really do need to use closed headphones or turn your amp/monitors up to cover the original, non-transposed sound of the strings ringing.

I had the same problem with a James Tyler Variax guitar that has a knob to change tunings on the fly. It will drive you nuts hearing the original tuning chiming in with the transposed output.