HD500 as Midi Controller: Can the HD500 show Patch names?

• Hi everyone...I have yet to purchase a KPA but am selling off unused gear and raising the funds to do so ASAP. I currently use a POD XTLive thru an Atomic Reactor 1x12. I did purchase a POD HD500 and had begun to transfer tones over but am reconsidering the time and extensive tweaking required and just getting the KPA.

My question is this... If I use my HD500 as a midi controller...and assign FS1 thru 4 as Stomp box FX and the bottom row FS5 thru 8 as the Rig / patch changes....do the Up and Down Bank switches still change the KPA Rigs to the next set of 4 patches? or do you have to bank up and down on the KPA itself.

Also...When using the HD500 as a Midi controller...can I assign Patch names to the HD500 that mirror the KPA Rig names and will they show up in the HD500 View Screen when I advance or change the patches?

• I use my HD500 as a midi controller, it does not automatically show patch names, since there is no 2-way communication. But you can do as you described at the end of your post, use HD500 edit or the HD500 itself to name the patches the same as they are on the KPA, so that when you switch it shows the corresponding patch name on your floorboard.

• Now that is Very, Very cool. Thanks Blackbird. Kemper should give you a bit of comission on the sale of my unit. I'm definitly getting one now.

Actually..that means that I could also integrate my Line 6 Variax Guitar in some interesting ways. I know that I can use it on it's own but one of the useful things it does is to assign a particular Guitar model to a specific patch. Makes switching things up a littl eeasier.

• Actually..that means that I could also integrate my Line 6 Variax Guitar in some interesting ways. I know that I can use it on it's own but one of the useful things it does is to assign a particular Guitar model to a specific patch. Makes switching things up a littl eeasier.

Hey Jeff! ;) Yes the HD 500 can be a mighty switch control for the KPA as well as for the Variax.