Posts by Jeffsco

I purchased a Rocktron Midi Raider and a Mission pedal (Kemper green of course..) in the Black Friday sales a few months back. Total came to around $675.00 US$

I'm going to miss the Screen down at my feet showing the Kemper display, but the Midi Raider allows me a certain level of flexibility in regards to what it can control on the Kemper. I'm also using it to control a POD HD500 Rackmount unit inserted in the Kemper FX loop. The POD is changing guitars on my JTV Variax as well as supplying some different FX not available on the Kemper.

Gonna go with this system until I either find a better reason to switch to the Kemper Foot Controller...or my Gear Acquisition Syndrome gets the better of me.

Love it Mat. Great tune and great tones. I really like the sound and vibe of the clean middle section.

Going to have to rethink the Michael Britt profiles now that I've had a chance to hear them in a few tracks.

...Had only about 15 minutes to run thru a dozen patches on the Kemper. Tones ranged from Clean Fender Blues thru to Chunky Hard Rock riffing.

First impression.....WOW...

I mean it..wow! Not trying to "talk myself " into justifying the investment in the CLR. The level of transparency and consistency in the sound is amazing.

My basis of comparision is my Atomic Reactor 50 1x12 and my set of KRK Rokit 8 Studio monitors. I realize that the general consensus is that the Atomic Reactor has a certain level of "coloration". However...it is head and shoulders above the coloration effect that a 4x12 has on the Kemper's sound.

Back to the CLR...the sweet spot is truly 90 degree's....it's amazing to move around and hear the consistency in tone. But the most noticeable thing is simply a greater sense of clarity to the sound. It's hard to describe. I thought my Studio Monitors sounded Clear but after listening tho the CLR..you hear the slight coloration.

The power and articulation that's present in the response of the CLR's to your playing is something. The angle of the pick to the strings, how far or how close to the bridge you pick your note...all of that is translating to a high degree in the CLR.

That's all I've got to report ...as I said...it was only a 15 minute session before I ran out the door. But I thought it might be a valuable...first impression to share.

Rene....I realize this is an older thread but I am giving a lot of thought to getting a Midi Raider and would be very interested to see what solutions you have come up with to organize the Performance Mode Slots

Got an opportunity to pick up a Rocktron All Access foot switch for a good price. I want to use it to switch the Kemper in Performance Mode as well as control a Line 6 rack mount POD HD at the same time. The POD HD will mainly switch guitar patches on my James Tyler Variax Strat.

Is this possible to do with this nit? from a quick skim of the manual it appears that it is possible but I'd like to hear from anyone with experience using the unit.

Hi Folks...need some advice. What Foot controller would you recomend in order to switch both a Kemper AND an HD500 at the same time? I picked up a Rackount HD 500 relatively Cheap off EBAY and am using it for a few of the odd FX and Acoustic Guitar patches it has. However, I am mainly using it to switch and control the Guitar models on my Variax JTV-69.

What I envision is being able to hit a button that will chose a specific Kemper Performance slot as well as change a specific Patch on the POD HD500 which in turn, changes the guitar model on the JTV-69. I assume I need a Controller that will send out 2 independant Midi messages?

I'm also experimenting in the signal routing for the 2 units

Option 1 seems to be running into the HD500 with the Variax VDI cable and then the output of the HD500 nto the FX loop of the Kemper. The Kemper then takes it's feed from the HD500 SPDIF out to the Kemper SPDIF in. This is not a clear as sound as running into the Kemper's Guitar input....but it's not bad.

Option 2 is to run the Variak VDI cable into the HD500 as well as run the Variax 1/4" cable into the Guitar input of the Kemper. 2 Cables to deal with and a bit of a pain but again...not unusable.

Thoughts , opinions, suggestions?