My CLR Wedge arrived yesterday...

• ...Had only about 15 minutes to run thru a dozen patches on the Kemper. Tones ranged from Clean Fender Blues thru to Chunky Hard Rock riffing.

First impression.....WOW...

I mean it..wow! Not trying to "talk myself " into justifying the investment in the CLR. The level of transparency and consistency in the sound is amazing.

My basis of comparision is my Atomic Reactor 50 1x12 and my set of KRK Rokit 8 Studio monitors. I realize that the general consensus is that the Atomic Reactor has a certain level of "coloration". However...it is head and shoulders above the coloration effect that a 4x12 has on the Kemper's sound.

Back to the CLR...the sweet spot is truly 90 degree's....it's amazing to move around and hear the consistency in tone. But the most noticeable thing is simply a greater sense of clarity to the sound. It's hard to describe. I thought my Studio Monitors sounded Clear but after listening tho the CLR..you hear the slight coloration.

The power and articulation that's present in the response of the CLR's to your playing is something. The angle of the pick to the strings, how far or how close to the bridge you pick your note...all of that is translating to a high degree in the CLR.

That's all I've got to report ...as I said...it was only a 15 minute session before I ran out the door. But I thought it might be a valuable...first impression to share.

• Thats great. I have the Atomic Reactor FR. It's not very loud and it seems to get thin when I turn it up to gig levels.

I'm thinking the CLR is the way to go. My name came up on the list a year ago but I didn't pull. I may just have to do it now.