are you all profiling your amps? or derive from others?

• Looking at the large amount of profiles and rig confgurations that increase day by day, I'm wondering how much "generations" of the same profile/rig exist.
    Are averagely all the profiles original?
    Or is it common practice that profile A derives from profile B, with a little tweak, and B itself id derived from another profile C, etc etc?

If this is the case, also some king of versioning sw could help to navigate the various derivations of the same amp profile...
    Could it make sense?

• There are very few "tweaked" versions of profiles on the Rig Exchange, mostly are original profiles (several per amp at different settings). There are many "tweakes" available but they are more often exchanged using Dropbox to keep the RE clean.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hey, thanks for posting this - I didn't know Dropbox was the preferred location for derivative rigs. Fortunately, the few that I have put there tended to be effected and tweaked to the point of being unrecognizable.

It might be a good plan to have that info included on the "upload your rig" page. (If it is already there, my double bad!)

What about a separate tweaked rigs category? For artist/song specific rigs?

As the user base increases, there will be more people asking for and sharing those.

• Wait, there's a public Kemper dropbox?..
    I feel uncool and left out :P

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Wait, there's a public Kemper dropbox?..
    I feel uncool and left out :P

Various individuals have posted their own Dropbox links....there's no "official" place.

So, if you feel "uncool and left out", maybe there's another reason........ :P :D