Pedal to control delay level

• Hello,
    I'm trying to get a pedal to control delay level. Using one of the pedal jacks on the back of the Kemper, I assign the pedal to delay volume, but nothing happens.

The same with my fcb1010/uno; I assign one of the pedals to the cc-number that controls delay level, but the delay does not react to the pedal.

What am I missing? (Everything else works, controlling rotary fast/slow from one of the jacks on the back, and controlling everything else with the uno chipped fcb in stompbox mode.)

• You cannot control delay level by using the pedal jacks in the KPA's output, you can only control it by sending a midi CC.
    The pedal in your FCB needs to send CC # 68, if it doesn't work please do a calibration as described in the FCB's manual.

I control delay mix in all my patches with the FCB pedal.

• You cannot control delay level by using the pedal jacks in the KPA's output, you can only control it by sending a midi CC.
    The pedal in your FCB needs to send CC # 68, if it doesn't work please do a calibration as described in the FCB's manual.

I control delay mix in all my patches with the FCB pedal.

Thanks, but
    1. on System> page 4, you can assign either pedal to "delay mix." What does this do, then?

2. I've calibrated the pedals, done it again, assigned the right cc number, but it only works as a volume pedal, no matter how much I download a new cc-number to it.

Must I do something else in the Rig menu, where I've set the range to -1,3 as I used the volume pedal as a solo boost? I've also ticked the "Lock vol. pedal" checkbox.

• Thanks, but
    1. on System> page 4, you can assign either pedal to "delay mix." What does this do, then?.

Note that it says 'SWITCH MONO DELAY MIX'. This is to switch the delay with keeping the tails, whereas DELAY cuts off the tails.

2. I've calibrated the pedals, done it again, assigned the right cc number, but it only works as a volume pedal, no matter how much I download a new cc-number to it.

Hmm... I don't understand 'Download a new CC no. to it.'
    Are you sure your pedal (I mean the FCB pedal) is sending CC no. 68?
    And you know this works per rig and must be assigned per rig?

Must I do something else in the Rig menu, where I've set the range to -1,3 as I used the volume pedal as a solo boost? I've also ticked the "Lock vol. pedal" checkbox.

No, the pedal parameters in the rig menu are only for locking the volume pedal and setting its location and range.
    No need to go there for the wah. What you want to achieve must be programmed in the FCB.
    Which editor do you use?
    I recommend the one from lg-FCB.com

• By "downloading" I mean that I program via the software you recommend, lg-FCB, and then send it to the FCB :)

I know that the pedal functions is is assigned per rig, so I'm covered there ;)

It seems that the problem is that I can't make the FCB's expression pedals control anything else but cc 1 and 7. Can I have made a global choice somewhere, that overrides everything else, so that when I try to change the cc-numbers for the expression pedals per patch, it won't work?

• Ok, so by copying your settings, it worked. I'd be glad if you explained it to me briefly, so that I know what I'm doing.

There are two places in the preset window of the FCBunoControlcenter where you can assign cc numbers for the expression pedals, when you use it in stomp box mode, as we do. One is per preset, that is when you press one of the bottom five buttons, you can fill in a different cc number for the pedals for each button. The second is when you push the stomp box buttons on the top row; here you can also fill inn a cc number for each pedal. My first question is:

1. This confuses me, as there are two different places to enter cc numbers for the same pedals. What is the relationship between these different settings?

What did the trick for me, was to push each stomp box button, that is each of the upper five, and enter the correct cc numbers for the pedals there (for me this is cc 68 for pedal a and cc 1 for b, the opposite of you). In addition, I did not tick of the checkboxes in the Expression Pedals section, but ticked it twice so that I got a dash (-) showing instead of a "v," just like your setup. My last question:

2. Why the dash instead of the v?

I'm sure this is in a manual somewhere...

Thanks ever so much, Ingolf, you're being very helpful here!

• The UNO is simply a "remix" of the core FCB1010 functionality. When you step on a "stomp" switch on the FCB, you are really loading a new FCB preset. Anything you want (or don't want) changed needs to be programmed. You can read this link which might help you out a bit, but I'd encourage you to read up on general FCB documentation: MIDI Programming Tips

• Ok, so by copying your settings, it worked. I'd be glad if you explained it to me briefly, so that I know what I'm doing.

There are two places in the preset window of the FCBunoControlcenter where you can assign cc numbers for the expression pedals, when you use it in stomp box mode, as we do. One is per preset, that is when you press one of the bottom five buttons, you can fill in a different cc number for the pedals for each button. The second is when you push the stomp box buttons on the top row; here you can also fill inn a cc number for each pedal. My first question is:

1. This confuses me, as there are two different places to enter cc numbers for the same pedals. What is the relationship between these different settings?

This is a bit confusing, and due to the layout of the FCB. I recommend that the settings for the stomp boxes mirror the ones for the patch changes. And this this is what you did now.

The (v( means Expression pedal is ON, (no v) means OFF, and (-) means NO CHANGE.
    The (-) for expression in the stompbox view is because I don't want my expression pedal behaviour change when i activate a stompbox from any given rig I'm currently on.