v2.0 Replacement Rigs added - Shimmer Trails, two Rock Organs, and Crystal-ish Chorus to the Rig Exchange.

• UPDATE: I have replaced all my Rigs that use PITCH with software v2.0 saved versions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYING TIP FOR All four of these:
    Turn your guitar down to rhythm settings for these - I optimized them for chords with a strat. If they sound ugly, or get ugly turned up all the way, pull the gain back.

Two of these have synchopated delays that resolve into a different rhythm (for those who wish the Kemper had more delay options, here's one way to do that now)

1) Shimmer Trails uses Frequency Shifter, right before its synchopated delays, and has glassy harmony overtones.

ShimmerSwells and Shifter Trails

2) Crystal-ish chorus has more glassy overtones that fade in, and the effect sound varies greatly with guitar volume and touch.

With both of the above, you can tweak Ducking and Mix of the added harmonies to suit your playing style and guitar, and warp it into other sounds. If Kemper ends up adding a parameter to enable delaying the start of the harmony notes, I can make these sounds much bigger (but, Shimmer Trails is pretty big, already).

3) and 4) The two RockBeeThree organ sounds use pitch +5 and +12 as drawbars (mixed low), and vowel wah and EQ for "organic" sound. Leslies had KT88/6550 power amp tubes, so I trioed a vintage Marshall amp, with an open back guitar cab, and CK's rotary. When you open up your guitar, they distort like a 60s/70s Spencer Davis Group/Deep Purple/Uriah Heep B3. One rig is a slow rotary - the other is like flipping the switch to fast. It would be easy enough to use a pedal or switch to change the speed in a single profile. If you prefer less gain, there's a knob for that :)

RockBeeThree Slow and Fast

Try 'em, tweak 'em, make them better, post 'em!

• Thanks Paul. These look interesting. Work is taking all my time right now, but I hope to be able to get around to these soon. :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• You're welcome!

And, Thanks to CK and staff for including new FX possibilities in software updates. They are making the KPA a musical instrument unlike any other. And, they do it without making it any harder to use.

If the Kemper was just amps and cabinets, I would own it for that, and be very happy with it. These "non-traditional for guitar" effects not only can create radical sounds, but can also be used to add subtle effects to regular guitar sounds. They aren't just static effects, either. They can be just as touch sensitive as a guitar connected directly to an amp.

There is SO MUCH potential in the FX, and I'm not just talking about novelty sounds - everybody pick one of these effects, and see what you can do with it. Then, share your favorite. It won't be long before people start saying the KPA has the best amp sounds, and the best FX sounds.

• thanks paul for sharing :thumbup: 8o
    and you get 1.5 stars for it :cursing:
    shall i cry or shall i laugh?
    if i need a chainsaw (djdent) i am going to use a chainsaw :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Forget about the number of stars with oddball rigs. These aren't the kind of rigs that many people are going to use. And, they aren't perfect rigs to me, either. They are more like proof of concept, less like finished rigs.

And, I didn't make them "audition proof", because the dynamics within the usable range are part of what I like about them.

Here's what I mean about them not being audition proof:

Pick any of these rigs.
    if you have a humbucker grab It. If not, use what you have.
    Turn your guitar up all the way, and really slam the strings with an open "E" chord.

Sounds like an awful mess doesn't it? The input and output LEDs may have even gone red, too.
    When commercial products include effects, they account for what it is going to sound like in that scenario. If I would have made it sound ok with the guitar up all the way, it wouldn't have sparkled the same with a lighter touch.

I used a strat, at volume 3 to 6 when I made them. Turn a strat down to sparkle range, and fingerpick with shimmer trails. With my guitar, it sounds pretty.

And, I love that Nakedzen found horror noises at nine o'clock gain. :thumbup:

Organs- turn the guitar down, play with your fingers, so you can use your them simultaneously, to play triads and altered chords, while your thumb plays Lower root, etc notes.