How reamp with kemper step by step

• something can tell me step by step how to do it? i have 2 spdif cables.

please i need do it for record my band

• These are the basics. If you don't know how something is done, consult your DAW (recording program)'s documentation.

KPA settings:
    -turn the KPA on. Duh.
    -press 'master'
    -'page' all the way to the left.
    -set s/pdif output to git/mod mono
    -exit
    -crank 'master volume' all the way up.
    -plug the cable from the s/pdif out on the KPA to the s/pdif in on your computer or interface.

What you've done is made the KPA output the signal from the guitar (called a 'dry' signal) to the left and the processed sound (called a 'wet') to the right.

DAW settings:
    -open your choice of recording program.
    -make sure the program's input and output are set to s/pdif.
    -create two mono audio tracks.
    -one track's input should be set to 'input L' and the other 'input R'.
    -activate monitoring on the track who's input is 'input R'.
    -arm the other track for record.

Now you're hearing the sound of the KPA, but recording the sound of the dry guitar. Track away.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• is it possible to reamp with a balanced output instead of s/pdif ? i believe the issue willl be that with another output the process is slower right? so you have to move your new reamped wave file,

never done that but asking if it's possible, thanks :)

Very possible, and the process is exactly the same.
    Your signal is analog from the guitar, then digital in the KPA, then converting to analog for the cable, then to digital again for your computer, then to analog again for your speakers... That's all detrimental to your sound as the conversion is never perfect.
    Instead, s/pdif just transfers things digitally from the KPA to the computer. It saves two conversions along the way and lowers the noise levels somewhat - but the process is the same and you get the same .wav file as a result.

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• work!!!! ill do it with 2 spdif cables.

so i have the dry signal, how can use the kemper for change the amps an effects to that clean signal and see how works with the mix in the best way?

• You shouldn't have to use 2 cables to record, but if it works - it works.
    Changing the amps now is simple - you have 2 tracks for each 'run' you did of tracking - one of a dry signal and one wet.
    Monitoring should be on the wet track, record arm should be on the dry.

-pan your dry track 100% left.
    -turn 'record arm' off on the dry track.
    -turn 'record arm' on on the wet track. You can delete the file already there.

if you play the track, it will put your guitar out the left channel, into the KPA, where it will be processed and returned on the right channel -
    so you're playing a dry track left while monitoring and recording the right channel.
    Have fun. :thumbup:

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Why would you need to pan the track?

I've never done reamping with the Kemper, but shouldn't it just be possible to choose "s/pdif out" from the track output routing, instead of panning the track. Then record to an empty track with the "s/pdif in" selected as input. This sounds like you're recording stereo out from daw, to stereo in, instead of mono?

At least in Reaper I have on every track the "sends, receives and hardware outputs" menu.

• I've never done reamping with the Kemper, but shouldn't it just be possible to choose "s/pdif out" from the track output routing, instead of panning the track. This sounds like you're recording stereo out from daw, to stereo in, instead of mono?

Possible, not easy in most DAWs (Presonus, PT, Cubase).

If the track is mono, it's a mono out. The reason for the left pan is that if you keep it right you get a loop -
    the monitored signal gets sent back out into the KPA.

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• i don´t understand very much the last part. so, ok i have the dry signal recorded monitoring with kemper in spdif . but now for change the clean signal i need connect kemper from main out put left? to the second input of the interface ???

that its ? or what i miss??

• i don´t understand very much the last part. so, ok i have the dry signal recorded monitoring with kemper in spdif . but now for change the clean signal i need connect kemper from main out put left? to the second input of the interface ???

that its ? or what i miss??

Each s/pdif cable is stereo. The two cables are for [input R | input L] and [output R | output L].
    your output is getting to the KPA on the left side. After the KPA changes the sound it outputs it to the right.
    Just make sure you output 100% to the left,
    and record what is coming back from the right.

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I would definitely use two SPDIF cables to avoid sonic losses and latency. Just set the dry track out from your DAW/interface into the SPDIF in of the KPA. Then run the other SPDIF cable from the KPA SPDIF out, into the interface. You may need to configure the SPDIF out signal in the System or Output menu, not sure if it defaults to Stereo out. Just turn off the monitoring on the dry track, enable monitoring on the return signal track(wet), and play. While it's playing you can switch rigs on the KPA as much as you like to hear the differences. Once you find the one you like, start from beginning and arm the wet track to record.

• I would definitely use two SPDIF cables to avoid sonic losses and latency. Just set the dry track out from your DAW/interface into the SPDIF in of the KPA. Then run the other SPDIF cable from the KPA SPDIF out, into the interface. You may need to configure the SPDIF out signal in the System or Output menu, not sure if it defaults to Stereo out. Just turn off the monitoring on the dry track, enable monitoring on the return signal track(wet), and play. While it's playing you can switch rigs on the KPA as much as you like to hear the differences. Once you find the one you like, start from beginning and arm the wet track to record.

I have to ask;
    'sonic losses'?..

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I have to ask;
    'sonic losses'?..

In other words, when you use 1 SPDIF + 1 instrument cable, or 0 SPDIF and 2 instrument cables, the results exhibit a lower quality of sound and fidelity. Some attribute it to redundant ad/da, I'm not sure if that's the cause or not, but in my experience using all of these methods with my KPA, 2 SPDIF cables is superior.

• black bird ok, im in there. but wen i record the dry track monitoring the wet track, i need play for record the guitar signal, my question its how when i finish to record the dry mono track y can listen and change the rings and settings of gain listening the track of corse

• In other words, when you use 1 SPDIF + 1 instrument cable, or 0 SPDIF and 2 instrument cables, the results exhibit a lower quality of sound and fidelity. Some attribute it to redundant ad/da, I'm not sure if that's the cause or not, but in my experience using all of these methods with my KPA, 2 SPDIF cables is superior.

Roger that, i completely misread you. I agree completely.

black bird ok, im in there. but wen i record the dry track monitoring the wet track, i need play for record the guitar signal, my question its how when i finish to record the dry mono track y can listen and change the rings and settings of gain listening the track of corse

In this case, there's something wrong.
    Make sure the monitoring on the dry track is off - this way when you press 'play' the dry signal gets played.
    If it plays, it goes out into the KPA and if it does that, it should come back from the right processed by whatever is on the KPA.

I'd send you screenshots, but it's been years since i've stopped working with Cubase. :(

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."