Att: CK - Custom Scales Request 1.8 Beta !

• Cacophony is Greek, not Latin, and stands for "not nice sound" :D

LOL - thanks guys. I know it is Greek in origin - that was meant to make it funny to anyone who doesn't like scatalogical humor. THIS is more proof that choosing to be a guitarist instead of a comedian was a wise career choice for me.

• couple interesting experiments over the weekend.

1. Pitch shifting up and back down to create synthy tones...doesn't work! Now this is a big complement to the pitchshifting "correctness" of the KPA. the tones still sounded pretty much like a guitar (though the latency made it difficult to play with accuracy).

2. Stacking pitch shifter is...wonderful! If you wnat to emulate something like the EHX Hog, you can stack shifters and they work beautifully well. I ran to chromatic shifters in spots 1 and 2 (don't remember the order), in one slot I put an octave down and 2 octaves up and in the other a 5th up (interval of 7) and an octave up. Playing mayjor chords, the results were huge maj7 add 9 chords (due to the added 5th) that sounded much more like an ethereal organ than a guitar. I've done this with the Whammy just with the 5th interval, but this really goes far beyond that. Incredible. Sorry to highjack, this thread. I'm working on a song around this sound. When (if) i ever get it finished I'll post it up.

• Ideally, I would LOVE to see another 2 voices in the harmonizer (as well as User Scales 3 +4) ... this would allow 3-part, 4- part, and 5-part, as well as 3-part + 4-part with pedal tone (modal stuff) ... right now, as wonderful as the harmonizer is, I can only do 3-part (or 2-part with pedal tone) ... I could rule the world with another 2 voices, lol! ...

I hope CK hears this - it'd be a quantum leap forward if this could be implemented! ...

... for the very best in jazz education ...

The Rick Barda School of Music

www.drbop.com

• thx Paults

If they were in parallel (THEN mixed together), I could do anything - but they'd be in series, so all voices in the 1st instance would be affected in the second one - I don't need 729 voices lol, just 4 or 5 separately configurable ones! ...

... for the very best in jazz education ...

The Rick Barda School of Music

www.drbop.com