wah pedal midi

• Trying out the FCB1010 midi controller and currently I have the volume and wah pedal setup. My question is whether I have to use a stomp location for the wah. The volume is just via the pedal but I have to burn a spot on the foot controller to use the wah. Am I setting it correctly or is there another way to incorporate the wah without using it in a stomp slot?

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I couldn't find a way to not use a Stomp. However, given the limited number of buttons available on the FCB1010 for controlling Stomps and Effects, I put it in a slot that I don't control with the foot switches.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I was hoping the wah might be like the volume and be adjustable on another level not requiring a stomp. With my FCB1010 I have (10) effects stomps and (10) Rigs so I've got a spot for every slot and the tuner as well as tempo.

• Well, there are 10 switches on the FCB1010, but if you run in Stomp Box Mode you have 5 for rigs and 5 for stomps. That's how I use mine, and saving one stomp switch for the tuner, that only leaves 4 for all the Stomps/Effects on the lunchbox ...

• A stomp would need to be used in the Kemper for the wah to be included in the rig, but wah can be set to activate with auto on, toe off, heel off, correct? If you set it to one of those options, MIDI CC transmission of pedal status should turn it on and off.

I run mine set with Bypass@Stop, which is like an auto on mode. It's activated when you move the pedal, and deactivated after you stop. So the Wah doesn't require a separate switch on the FCB, but it is required to be a Stomp (or Effect) on the KPA to be available.

• That clarifies my question thanks. I like the fact that I can set all effects with tuner and tap tempo and then 10 rigs so my setup is 10 effects and 10 rigs.

• Zapp can you elaborate on the stop/bypass? When I set it at that it did not auto on when the pedal was engaged. I want to make sure I understand what you are describing.

• I've got my wah setup on a stomp. With my pedal down when the wah is turned on I can hear it before I use the pedal. Any ideas on what needs adjusted so it is bypassed until the foot pedal is engaged. I've got it on the toe/bypass so when it is fully down it should be off.....it isn't.

• I'm set at Bypass@toe so when I have the pedal down it is off.....theoretically. That is my problem with the pedal down if I turn on the wah with the button/switch (foot pedal still toe down) you can hear the wah bleed through. I have calibrated my foot pedal, but I've not messed around with this much so if you have some ideas on changes to make let me know. I was hoping to just push on the foot pedal and the wah would engage then when I go toe down it would disengage. I don't have a problem using the switch to turn it on or off, but I need assisitance on the bleed through.

• I did it with my hand. Set toe..push button.....set heel...push button. Any other ideas why it would have an initial signal producing wah with the pedal in "park"? If I move the pedal everything sounds correct it just doesn't really go to bypass when toe is down and the button is "on". What is the setting for the auto on so I don't have to push the button to initiate it? Zap mentioned it, I tried all options, but never got the wah to show it was "on" just by pushing the foot pedal.

• I have mine set to bypass at heel, but sometimes it seems like it does not bypass fully. So I can get what the OP is getting at. And even after recalibrating the pedal, it still sporatically does it ?(