Have I heard the KPA on radio or TV yet?

• Anyone know of any big album or tv releases (ie: get regular air play) that the KPA was known to be used on?

I was talking to a tube amp loving buddy of mine how impressed ive been with all the new digital gear out there (KPA, Axe2 and some DAW plugins) and was debating the view that you could tell a good profile from a mic'd amp in a mix. Naturally he said he'd hear it and that "digital wasn't there yet". This got me wishing I knew of some big commercial KPA enfused tunes that he might already know just to give my point a bit of weight ;)

We all know how accurate profiles and emulations can be to the real thing, and the similarities and differences have been forumized to death. I'm not opening that well argued can of worms here.

Just curious if I (or any of us actually) might have heard the KPA without knowing it. Thought it'd be a interesting discussion at the least!

• Possibly. really a large portion of what you hear on the radio already is tracked with modelers. Shoot, AC/DC used Amplitube on a few tracks of Black Ice and even the original POD has been used on a ton of stuff.

• Being a metal guy, there have been quite a few lately in the metal world, and will probably be even more now that the rackmount is out... New whitehapel, black dahlia murder, trivium(not public, but it is), the new upcoming carcass, and some big boys such as Dino from fear factory and Jeff Loomis are using it live, along with a ton of others.

• Possibly. really a large portion of what you hear on the radio already is tracked with modelers. Shoot, AC/DC used Amplitube on a few tracks of Black Ice and even the original POD has been used on a ton of stuff.

I used to use the first Amplitube a bunch and I think almost everyone has plugged into a kidney POD at some point! I understand emulators in general are commonly utilized in many pro recordings but was specifically curious about the KPA. How high has this unique little device reached?

Didn't know about Testament using one.. Nice!

• I used to use the first Amplitube a bunch and I think almost everyone has plugged into a kidney POD at some point! I understand emulators in general are commonly utilized in many pro recordings but was specifically curious about the KPA. How high has this unique little device reached?

Didn't know about Testament using one.. Nice!

Andy Sneap has adopted it so it will likely be used on most what he produces going forward (already used on the new Testament and Accept albums, likely also used on the Killswitch Engage album he produced). The Dirty Youth posted pics of the Kemper on their Facebook page. The guy who produced the Butcher Babies album also said they used the Kemper on it. I'm not a fan of much metal, and metal typically doesn't make its way onto the radio nor TV these days, so wasn't entirely sure what you're looking for. Probably the highest profile user is Matt Belemy who had it in his lilve rig (along with a couple Axe FX units) as can bee seen in this photo of his rack. No idea if hie's still using it or plans to record with it.

[Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/EMGguy/2ndlawrack.jpg]

As more learn about the unit, more will undoubtedly accept it.

• Thanks Will.. Good info.. I'll keep Muse in memory for next time I'm at the pub talking gear with fellow musicians.. :D Just the kind of ammo I was after to spur on a healthy argument!
    Nice pic too.. He's gone crazy with the huge GCP foot controller.. but I guess you'd use it with a rack like that..

• Yep the trivium boys will be usin it exclusively here when they kick off their our at the end of July. Corey Beaulieu of trivium is a personal friend of mine, I've been giving him the rundown daily on it, as he waits for his to ship. Will be using the profile he used on the album, done by Colin Richardson in Andy sneap studio of sneaps 5150.