Kemper and midi

• Hi, I have not yet received my white Kemper lunchbox. Monday is the day! Can't wait. I have been educating myself by way of this forum.

Great work by so many people! Thanks for your effort.

I have read where some are using POD HD500 as a midi controller. I may go this route because I do play a JTV-59 and own the POD. It would be nice to retain the ability to change the guitar models along with the rigs in the Kemper. My question is how does going into the POD first affect the sound quality? Anyone notice degradation in tone by doing this as opposed to just using a dedicated midi controller and plugging the Variax or other guitar directly into the Kemper?

• I've run other Line6 gear (XT Live, X3 Live) in front if other modellers. The sound is colored slightly but not necessarily in a negative way. As long as you always run through the same signal path, it is consistant so you can compensate in the KPA patches if its even necessary.

Currently, I run a Roland VG99 in front of the KPA through SPDIF for the same reasons...alt tuning, guitar modeling, synth tones. The biggest issue is slightly more hiss from additional circuits in the chain. The KPA noise gate is needed to keep things quiet on high gain rigs.

bd

• Hi leewhit,

I'm running my JTV-69 into a HD500 to the KPA. I'm only using the HD500 for effects and to control my JTV. I've messed around with using the Hd500 to control the KPA but haven't done much as I'm waiting for software from Kemper to better manage rigs.

Cheers,

jayson