Tonematchig help needed

• Hey guys.

Out of one of the saddest things to happen in my life I finally feel able to finish some music i had written years ago but never came into mood to end the production. Now is the time...

For this task my aim is to get as close to the original guitarsounds that inspired me to write these songs which happen to be SEPULTURAs tones on 'Roots'. 'As close to the original' in this case means i would love to tonematch Max Cavaleras guitar (on the left side of the mix of 'Roots') and start my mix from re-amping my tracks with this sound.

So, is anyone here who could help me with tonematching these sounds for the KPA?

I do not have OZONE and i am not thinking about buying it since I handle OZONEs tasks in the studio with other more at least in my eyes sophisticated single plug-ins.

I bought the original studioamp used on 'Roots' (and several other albums produced by Ross Robinson, at an auction as the studio closed down but there are some more pedals, of which one is the Bigger Muff built by the studio owner, and the distortion from the studios desk involved in the making of this sound.

What would have to be done to get as close as possible to the tone on 'Roots'? Looking for to reading from you.

Regards.

-Mario

• Just get the demo of ozone. I think it will fully work for 10 days... There are other eq matching plugins, but the one in ozone really works best.

From my own experience i would say that the most important aspect of tone matching is that you do it yourself, with your own guitar and your own style of playing.

• Just get the demo of ozone. I think it will fully work for 10 days... There are other eq matching plugins, but the one in ozone really works best.

Nah, I am not one of those 'demoguys', even when I intend to buy a certain plug-in. Haha.

Remember that the rest of the mix needs to match as well for it to sound the same when the drums and bass kick in.

Believe me, I am absolutely aware of this.

I could give it a go to try to make an eq'd profile for you that gets you close.

Thank you, but I decided to go a different route.

I took a quick look at it. It's boosted at 4.5kHz, 2.6kHz, 1.3kHz, cut at 800Hz, then boosted the whole general area between 80-400Hz, high pass at 60 Hz.

So if you know what was used for the album, using a similar profile with those eq settings will get you close.

I guess that won´t do the whole trick but nonetheles thanks for that.