Posts by LIQUIDAETHER

Good, we look forward to trying your Profiles out and telling you how good we think they are. :)

Don´t get me wrong but I don´t need you or Tyler or whoever to tell me how good or bad my profiles are. I am profiling only for my own bands' purpose or for the bands i am producing. Of course this means that I will not be uploading any of these profiles.

Too I don´t think that you guys need another VHT Pittbull, SOLDANO or RIVERA profile...

Are you guys reading a word tylerhb is saying or are you just interested in 'talking'? :)

Tylerhb is Till's, if he says do something then just do it, don't ask questions. :thumbup:

Are you guys reading a word tylerhb is saying or are you just interested in 'talking'? :)

???

I like 'talking' with people about such things and I also like to have more than just one opinion on things. any problems with that?

Tylerhb is Till's, if he says do something then just do it, don't ask questions. :thumbup:

To be honest I don´t really care who he is. Out of curiosity I tested some of his cab-profiles a while ago because everyone was talking about them. I did´nt find them so great or pro that I would blindly follow his suggestions (or even use those cab-profiles on one of my productions etc.). No offense.

So please, if possible, let us others 'talk' more on that topic if we like...

Btw. the profiles with the Red Box turned out great and I will soon be getting my custom DI-Box for profiling. :)

Haha, I guess so. I'll look it up. May I ask you what Bands you worked with on Roadrunner?

Yeah of course. These were THE ANTI DOCTRINE, DAYS IN GRIEF and several others I made pre-production demos with...

I already had my lesson and ruined some real nice live gigs with this.

Hm, seems like the basic principle of the Hass-effect was not understood then.

Can you elaborate a little bit what Andy was doing exactly with it or what he wanted to achieve with it? What a legend he is!

Not enough time. Do a Googlesearch on AWs PCM-trick or stuff like that. Since this surfaced it has been covered pretty much in a lot of pro-audio forums. Funny thing is that since prices of used PCM 42s have risen enormously...

A constant delay for one stereo side is not a good habit on recordings, as it will produce a nasty comb filter effect. I never heard a professional recording where this effect was used.

I guess thats somehow wrong. The Haas-Effect is used in great variety on a lot of professional recordings, including nearly all (rock)mixes done by Andy Wallace (where a LEXICON unit is used to achieve that certain sound) and there are also whole chapters in mixing and recording books about the ultilization of the Haas-Effect.

I use the effect in my mixes since years and so far no artist or label, including Roadrunner and other bigger companies, has complained about it. When done correctly there is absolutely no combfiltering or phase cancellation. :)

But, integrating this FX into the KPA is not a good idea in my eyes as there are a lot of variables to be taken into consideration to get a clean Haas-Effect.

CK is right... Don´t do this.

Maybe first fiddle around with it yourself before denying it completely.

Just get the demo of ozone. I think it will fully work for 10 days... There are other eq matching plugins, but the one in ozone really works best.

Nah, I am not one of those 'demoguys', even when I intend to buy a certain plug-in. Haha.

Remember that the rest of the mix needs to match as well for it to sound the same when the drums and bass kick in.

Believe me, I am absolutely aware of this.

I could give it a go to try to make an eq'd profile for you that gets you close.

Thank you, but I decided to go a different route.

I took a quick look at it. It's boosted at 4.5kHz, 2.6kHz, 1.3kHz, cut at 800Hz, then boosted the whole general area between 80-400Hz, high pass at 60 Hz.

So if you know what was used for the album, using a similar profile with those eq settings will get you close.

I guess that won´t do the whole trick but nonetheles thanks for that.

Hey guys.

Out of one of the saddest things to happen in my life I finally feel able to finish some music i had written years ago but never came into mood to end the production. Now is the time...

For this task my aim is to get as close to the original guitarsounds that inspired me to write these songs which happen to be SEPULTURAs tones on 'Roots'. 'As close to the original' in this case means i would love to tonematch Max Cavaleras guitar (on the left side of the mix of 'Roots') and start my mix from re-amping my tracks with this sound.

So, is anyone here who could help me with tonematching these sounds for the KPA?

I do not have OZONE and i am not thinking about buying it since I handle OZONEs tasks in the studio with other more at least in my eyes sophisticated single plug-ins.

I bought the original studioamp used on 'Roots' (and several other albums produced by Ross Robinson, at an auction as the studio closed down but there are some more pedals, of which one is the Bigger Muff built by the studio owner, and the distortion from the studios desk involved in the making of this sound.

What would have to be done to get as close as possible to the tone on 'Roots'? Looking for to reading from you.

Regards.

-Mario

You send the "Direct Out" from the Kemper into your amplifier input. Amplifier out gets plugged into Red Box "From Speaker Output". Red Box "To Speaker Cabinet" goes to your speaker cab input. Red Box "Balanced Out" goes back to Kemper "Return Input". From there you are ready to start profiling. :thumbup:

Great! But what about the speaker emulation of the Red Box? I for sure know that its not the best one (which in some cases adds exactly what i want when mixed with a real miced amp ;)) but how much does it color the sound of the profile?

Get the original then:
    http://www.thomann.de/de/bss_ar133.htm
    Basically the same thing, but feels more exclusive ;)
    Forget about the red box, it can´t handle speaker levels... it was rather known for it´s poor cab emulation... 20 years ago...

Nah, this maybe a bit too much for a DI-box i just use for profiling. :) BTW when speaking of BEHRINGER people always said that their MX8000 desk is 'basically the same thing' as MACKIEs 8-Bus desks but in reality the differences were huge and i think its needless to say which brand was on top. Haha.

so I suggest to try it, even if you say you can't really stand that Brand.( I can't sand Boss/Roland so i can undestand your position but give em a try )

Hm, maybe with the BEHRINGER-logo peeled off or hidden under a shitload of gaffatape! Haha. I'm running a professional recording studio and believe me, BEHRINGER does not fit into this context. Even musicians with not too much experience heard of 'that B-Brand which is humming all the time'... ;)

Thanks guys! :)

Any other recommendations for DI-Boxes? I really can´t stand the BEHRINGER stuff!!! ;) And yeah, how to determine if a DI-box can handle speaker level? Maybe I am having one already in my collection...

And what about the Red Box? Does the speaker emulation color the sound too much?

Hi all.

It's been a long time since my last post here. I was (and still am) very busy in the studio producing, recording and mixing bands so my internet time is short... ;) The KPA helped me over the last months to establish a studioworkflow I thought was impossible!

This leads me to this topic...

In addition to profiling the bands' amps like I mic'ed them for the production I came to the conclusion that it would rule to also take 'DI-profiles' of the amps to be even more flexible since this will more likely produce a profile of the amp without ANY coloration from mics etc. But how will have to do this? I have some DI-boxes and a HUGHES & KETTNER Redbox at my disposal... ...will any of those work?

If this topic was already covered here a simple link will work for me.

Regards.

-Mario

Hey Lonnie.

Thank you very much. I did that already and still no wah. Haha. I am thinking about buying a dedicated expression pedal and give the FCB back to the store (as with my old NOBELs switching works pretty well now)... ...any suggestions?