Studio EQ

• Just wanted to say a word about the studio EQ. I've always used it a tad at times to adjust certain things, but the new studio eq stacks( cut through mix, rhythm etc) are FANTASTIC. The metal rhythm stack is a GREAT starting point for virtually any high gain profile. This prompted me to start using the studio eq more often and wow, you really can get lost in it! You literally can get ANY sound you can dream up with this thing added post amp. It works fantastic. There are some cabs for instance, that I really like how upfront and present and mean sounding they are, but maybe have Way too much low end in a certain frequency, making it sound boxy. Add the studio eq, and voila, fixed. I also find that a lot of high gain profiles seem to be alittle lacking in that 125 to 150 Hz area. All taken care of with the studio eq. Really adds that thump and chunk that is sometimes missing on certain profiles I feel:..anyone else diggin the studio eq as much as me??? :D

• Yes just getting into them the past week, the cut the mix caught my eye and it does just what it says on the can. :D

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• The parametric EQ was the X factor of the Digitech GSP1101 and it was implemented somewhat similarly to the KPA. I haven't messed too much with it yet but my initial impression is is a great tool if you need something more surgical than the graphic.

• The "secret" for a lot of unique sound is the using of the Equalizer, in my personal opinion :thumbup:

The only problem is that need times and often, for me, more steps in different moments.
    Sometimes a sound seems very good at certain level of volume, or in Phones or in certain special room situation but it's lack in the others. So, we rsik to obtain worst result :S ... with the EQ you can change completely a sound, it is one of the most powerful tool in our hands, but not easy to use, and also after some minutes of trial on high volumes, our ears start to respond in a different way... at least this is what happen to me ;(

I use a lot both Studio EQ and Graphic EQ; in general I use the Studio EQ for a PRE-Amp EQ and the Graphic one as POST-Amp EQ.

Check this Armin TIP on this topic...

Tip #13: EQ - STACK - EQ

• I agree completely... It's easy to use but hard at the same time. Different volumes, timings, headphones vs monitors etc. it goes back to the old adage about the kpa: simpl or as complicated as you want to make it. I often find that when using the studio eq, coming back hours later, it does not sound near as good as when I dialed that tone in. Maybe ear fatigue etc, not sure. Not the kpa's fault at all, just how the human ear reacts to such huge changes in frequency response I think. Very easy to get lost on ONE profile just using the studio eq, let alone all of the other parameters!!!