Clicking/Crackling on outpout

• Hello,

I'm a new owner of a KPA and i'm a little bit dissapointed because i hear some pop/clickling/crackling in my sound.

I bought some Amp factory profile (Carvin Legacy bundle). This phenomena occurs in a random way with different profiles came from either the rig exchange, official Kemper or Amp Factory ones.

My setup is the folowing :

- Kemper connected by SPDIF in a RME fireface UC soundcard

- Guitar : Vigier Excalibur

- Monitor : Yamaha MSP5

Could it be a problem with :
    - Buffer size
    - Electrical one
    - Bad profile

Anyone coud help me to solve this problem ?

Thank you very much !

Michael

• Hi!
    When synchronizing your KPA to the Fireface make sure the KPA is the master.

• Yes, my sound card is configured with clock source set to External SPDIF.
    Is there another setting in my KPA ?

Could it be a probleme with the buffer size ? or another software settings ?

• Yes, satut i on "LOCKED" in my RME configuration window...

It's very strange. It occurs on different profile in a random way.

I don't know if it's an electrical problem or a numerical one....

• I have an RME Fireface UCX and the same problem: When connected via SPDIF, with the Kemper as master, there are clicks and crackles - regardless of how I set up the RME. I figured it's probably a problem of the communication of RME and the KPA. However, if you connect the main outs to the RME, there should be no clicks and the sound is undistinguishable from the SPDIF connection - so I guess, while waiting for either RME or KPA to figure out a solution I suggest you use the main outs.

Edited once, last by joerch ().

• I have tried without SPDIF but with somme hi gain profile (by amp factory for example), i have some crackles... It seems to be frequent with the KPA? Do you know more about this ?