New to KPA, anybody nearby?

• Waiting for my lunchbox to arrive, hopefully tomorrow. Just curious if another user might be nearby. I'm in a very small town, Etowah, NC 28729. Love to hear from you if you're out there.

If you want, you can check out my profile under MLScola.

• Thanks for replying. If you ever bought stuff from Ace or Musicians Exchange back in the late 80's there's an outside chance I might have sold it to you. How are you liking your KPA? Mine should arrive today. How long have you had it? Love to hear your opinion when you get a chance.

• Depending on what part of Ohio Paul is from I'm a little farther over in Indiana. It will be interesting to see who all on the board my be near as there is a lot of diversity in location.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• My original thought on proximity was to hook up with another KPA guy, watch his profiling process, listen to his results, maybe get our amps together, swap tips, trade profiles, mics, etc., etc. But now, after about 8 hours of diving into the toaster, I'm getting a pretty good feel for this beast. I'm fairly confident in my guitar recording abilities so ... if I don't find somebody to play with, it'll be alright.

BTW, this is a wonderful interface. Very intuitive. Everything I've tried has been easy. No real significant snags in formatting an 8 GB stick, backing up, installing 1.8.2, storing input settings per guitar PUP types. Thing of beauty, really. I even like the manual. I'm taking it on vacation with me and should have a newbie impression to share with the community when I get back.