Profiling an amp, aren't you profiling the player too?

• This occurred to me. Some players have (IMO) better tone than others, it does not matter what rig they use. Tone is in the fingers too.
    So if you have two different players profile the same amp, wouldnt it sound different with each profile?

Is this not the case?

RC

• Well, it depends...

I agree that different guitarists might profile one and the same amp differently.
    Let's say two different guitarists work in the same profiling space, perfectly
    set-up. They might use different guitars, play different styles of music...
    This alone will effect their choice of the basic settings on the to be profiled amp
    (Gain, EQ etc.), as well as their choice of the mic'ing method (what mic(s) to use,
    where to put it/them, etc.).

So yes, they'd dial in different tones, before they'll profile it, each one tuning the amp
    to settings which work best for their personal technique and taste of sound.

But as far as the profiling goes...the KEMPER does the analysis alone.
    It makes absolutely no difference to the machine who pushes the profiling button,
    wether its the Pope, John Doe or Donald Duck...There is no "playing the guitar"
    involved in the profiling itself.

But, as you've stated, and as I've explained above...it absolutely will make a difference
    regarding WHO with WHAT and WHERE will work out the pre-profiling gear set-up.

Have a nice one!
    Danny "The Terraformer" Young

• Two guitar players, same guitar, same Amp, same settings will sound different based on the way they attack, pick and the sound they naturally produce from playing a guitar. The sound coming from the speaker will be different with two different players so why would the Kemper not "read" the sound diffently as well? Seems logical to me but I don't own mine..... Yet. :)

• if you were to substitute the Kemper for the amp in your last statement it would be true for the kemper too.
    2 people playing the same profile Will sound different.

Yes, I agree, but my reason for the thread is curiosity on the quality of a profile you can purchase and how it would be affected by the player making the profile as part of many factors that make a good amp profile.

I would be curious to hear if any difference in a profile made under exact same conditions with two very different players exists.

• Okay a profile is a snapshot of a player's settings on a particular amp, settings are determined by the player based on his type of guitar and Tone he likes.These settings may or may not be ideal for your type of playing or the instrument you're using.

Edited once, last by troynova ().

• I would be curious to hear if any difference in a profile made under exact same conditions with two very different players exists.

How can it, since no humans are involved in the profiling process? The difference is in choice of mic, mic placement, amp setting etc. If these conditions are exactly the same, the result is the same regardless of who's in the room. The resulting profile will sound different with different players, in the same way the amp would.

The only part of the profiling process itself where a human is involded, is during refinement. But this is just a matter of doing it right....hammering the guitar until it sounds as close as possible 8)

• I feel my question may be misunderstood. Either way, it's fine.
    It still seems to me the person playing through the amp when it's profiled plays some role on how the profile sounds when completed. I' know it can be tweaked later on for personal preference and can't wait to get one so I can start. :)

• I feel my question may be misunderstood. Either way, it's fine.
    It still seems to me the person playing through the amp when it's profiled plays some role on how the profile sounds when completed. I' know it can be tweaked later on for personal preference and can't wait to get one so I can start. :)

No one is playing through the amp when it's profiled. Kemper is playing through the amp.

Look forward to it! This thing is glowing, even without tubes 8)

• I doubt the original profile cares about any player, but the REFINEMENT does use a player, and probably does make a difference.
    Still, the end users will rarely sound alike in tone. That's a good thing!

• Maybe I should read up more on the profiling process but I thought you ran the subject amp being played by somebody through the KPA?

I'll dig deeper.

A simple search on youtube will provide you with many videos in which you can watch and (probably) understand the profiling process.

• no,the initial profile is done without anyone actually playing,its only during the refining process afterwards that you need to play.

What is this dark magic! This trickery.... It's evil I tell you...EVIL! :cursing: LOL
    Seriously, there is some seriously wonderful technology at work here, I am amazed and don't even have one yet.