Adjustable Gate on Distortion Loop

• Hello,

I would really like to have the ability to adjust or defeat the automatic noise gate on the Distortion Loop. I use external effects (Boss GT-100) in the loop both for boosting leads and adding multiple effects at once and using any sort of volume pedal cuts off the delay and reverb instantly, so you don't hear the tails. I'm not able to do volume swells without the gate cutting off the sound. Doesn't matter where I put the pedal, whether I use the internal Volume, or an external pedal, or the guitar's volume knob. It abruptly cuts off not only the delay/reverb but also the sound itself (i.e. the gain), so I'm not able to play with the volume knob any lower than half or the gate kicks in and cuts things out. It's worse on higher gain profiles and not as abrupt on lower gain.

I've tried using the regular Mono Loop and although the problem goes away I get clipping when boosting for leads. From what I've read on this forum it sounds like the automatic gate on the Distortion Loop is what is cutting things out. Yes--I have all other gates completely off!

Otherwise it all works perfectly with the Distortion Loop as long as I stay at full volume. :P

Thanks,
    J

• I think with the new Performance Mode I'm going to switch to KPA only (no external FX) to simplify my setup time so, while this feature might be useful I'm not sure I will need it any longer thankfully. :D

J

• I participated in a similiar thread a while ago. To the day, I don't really understand why there has to be a gate in the distortion loop. If I wanted to get rid of noise, I could as well use the noise gate after the distortion loop (albeit that would mean another slot occupied). The best solution here would be having an adjustable gate, I agree.