A latency issue with the transpose effect?

• in the "still clicks in 1.8.2. thread i have posted my version of the clicks.
    now i have found something else that iritates me:

i my second post i will show you six screenshots. i have recorded the first 50 seconds of
    "sabbath bloody sabbath". i made drums and bass only in MIDI and added the guitar.
    played the C# riff each time on the seventh fret aka in E. transposed it one time with the
    pitch shifter in the KPA and one time with the pitch shift function of cubase.
    result: one recording sounds better and what bothers me the most, i have feeling of latency
    with the KPA. but maybe it is only in my head. please listen to both versions and comment
    whether you here a difference worth mentioning.

cu

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• To make things even messier, the latency is dynamic and the greater the shift the more latency incurred. For this reason I'm still using my Whammy V for most my pitch shifting duties.

• Being totally honest I do notice this type of feel as well but get this: if you actually de-tune the guitar strings you get the same type of feel.. If you image the strings being more 'floppy' or detuned the feel becomes much more real when tuned normal.

So I think the feel and response is correct when transposing down.

• Being totally honest I do notice this type of feel as well but get this: if you actually de-tune the guitar strings you get the same type of feel.. If you image the strings being more 'floppy' or detuned the feel becomes much more real when tuned normal.

So I think the feel and response is correct when transposing down.

No. Try a Whammy or EHX pitch shifter and you'll feel the difference.