Intorment - Huracán, Keith Merrow's Rhodes Collosus Profile

• This is a great song :thumbup: I don't like most prog metal i hear on YouTube lately as to me it gets boring fast with the same old unimaginative ideas. But this has everything most of those bands miss. I love the way you keep it musical throughout the song Love the keys too and killer guitar playing :thumbup:

• Wow, I absolutely loved that!

Great song, I really dug the changes and every part grabs and grooves. Your playing is sick, hat's off to you! Tones are killer,listening again now... Loved the grooves

Cheers!

Spotify, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc... Lugosi Smile

• That was fanatstic! I love your playing and the song was sick!

How do you get such a fat powerful sound when recording. I hear clips like yours alot and they sound so heavy and professional. Do you have any advice on how I can record so my tracks sound heavy like yours? What software do you use? do you layer tracks? Any tips?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing more from you.

• thank you very much for your comments :)

i used keith merrow's profile for guitar, i did tweak to fit my guitar, i use cubase 5.1 as recording software (izotope ozone for mastering) and a focusrite scarlett 2i2 interface. for the bass i used a mak dirt profile (i believe from the amp factory free profiles), a friend recorded the drums and another person did the drum mix and made it sound great.

I liked how the bass and guitar blend together, i used reason to program keyboards.

Hope this helps, still learning this stuff, thanks!

• alejandro,

your playing and the production are - as always - beyond, just beyond praise ... 8o :thumbup:

please give me your fan a break, play sth melodic and i really really want to see you
    sometime soon with a "real" guitar, a guitar with personality and where your beautiful tone will shine
    much more than on those ibanez and clones which sound to me all the same anyway. ;(
    what about a les paul or a strat or maybe a humbucker strat like my red one or a PRS?
    and remember miles davis: sometimes the most important thing is left unsaid. ergo:
    fewer notes, please! at least sometimes. i enjoy your vids very much, but i wanted to post this for a long time.
    now i have said it.

cu, bro

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Geraldo, with all respect, but imho you're talking...sorry...BS. Nobody tells Richie Blackmore to play a Les Paul or Mr. Slowhand Eric Clapton to play more notes. I think, this is simply Alejandro's style. And we can assume, that he knows exactly, what guitar fits him best.

And with all respect again: Your last clip bored me to death (normally I don't want to say something bad, if I don't have to say something good). I hope you're feeling not too offended, because this is not my intention. It really doesn't matter, if I'm bored by your clip, because making music is the most important thing. Peace, bro!

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• That sounded great. Nice playing and nice song, all the changes really fit together well.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• geraldo7... Um... WHAT? Are you out of your mind??? This can't be a simple language/culture miscommunication: you are simply talking straight BS out of your ***.... The things people say sometimes completely blows my mind....

• goodness, i appologize if i offended someone with my opinion. this is all about alejandro (who is a GREAT guitar player) here.
    kempermaniac, you are so right, i should have remained quiet and i dont feel offended by your post at all ;) . peace.
    i would love to hear alejandro whom i adore - nevertheless - in a mid-tempo song using the volume knob and so: more variation
    of the tone. but this is just me, do not feel offended. my 2 cents.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• All is good. Your first post sounded like an unwanted advice, your second post sounds like an opinion. I like your second post a lot more... ;)

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)