Request: adding amp brand to sort function

• After viewing many threads about rig renaming problems, I have to ask the question: Why isn't there a brand name sort function? Are there legal issues that prevent this? If not, it would be a major help to users to be able to group amps according to type. I'm interested in AC30 profiles. It's so tedious to search through the naming maze to find those amps and this feature request doesn't seem, on the surface, to be unreasonable.

I apologize in advance if this has already been dealt with elsewhere ... but does anybody know the answer to this?

• There is an option to sort by amp already - the problem is that there are many different spellings for each amp - and at least our commercial profiles avoid to use the real brand name for trade mark reasons.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• The temporary fix would be to use a tag renamer (there are two freely available 3rd party solutions - you'll need the original).
    You can batch export all rigs to an Excel file, then rename all amp names to start with the manufacturer. That's what i did.

Other than that, extra sort options would be very welcome and the idea has been mentioned several times lately.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Hey Quitty,
    Thanks for the info, I've been wondering about renaming the rigs. I guess it's a labor of love if you want to commit to always keeping your library organized by brand but it might be worth it as a tool to learn what amps you really like.

Ultimately I think all users would prefer to have this as another option within the existing sortable function of the KPA but if Kemper is uncomfortable with the idea ... then so be it. External solutions, here we come!

You mentioned there are several renamer programs. The only one I've seen so far is Kerman's. Which renamer do you use?

• Hi, There is a tool here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7488…_inspector.html
    (At the bottom of the page, there are 2 dead links about some excel sheets i should remove)

I tested it only on Win7 and some Mac OsX platforms , it does not work on all of them.

Here is an example of excel sheet it can produce : https://docs.google.com/spread…WFcybTctMDRIb3dQZGc#gid=0

It's far from being perfect, but it fits my needs ( extract tags from directories containing .kipr files, generate an excel sheet, change tags in excel sheet to get correct amp names and then use the KPA sort by Amp feature)

And some extracted tags from rig exchange rigs are available here :

https://docs.google.com/spread…MUlfMTdFM1BoT0N6ekE#gid=0

The 2 sheets are sorted by Rig Author, but you can sort using other tags ( at first row of every column, you can change the filter)

Laurent

Laurent

Edited 3 times, last by GuyTarero ().