profiles used

• Hey guys,

I was wondering with the 1000's of profiles available stock, on the rig exchange, commercial ones etc ... how many profiles do you guys actually use? :)
    How much do you use live or for recording?
    Which ones do you actually use?

• My roots are mostly in Bluesrock territory, with some occasional excursions to other, unknown places. :)
    My personal guess is 5 ... five different rigs I always come back playing.
    Highly depends on my mood, the guitar I pick and the actual style of music.
    Which ones? Hmm, let me try to make a ranking.

• Marshall Bluesbreaker Full2 (from TAF amp pack 6)
    • Fender 63 Vibrolux Full (from TAF Vintage & Rare Collection)
    • TwoRock 35 TS+ (from TAF amp pack 2)
    • Soldano 100 Crunch+ (from TAF amp pack 3)
    • Fender 53 Tweed Full (from TAF amp pack 4)

Wow, quite difficult to be honest. Still a few missing that I really like to play every once in a while, like the fabulous Orange Matamp or a couple of different Marshalls. But I think the 5 rigs above are the most important rigs by far ... for me.

• I stick with just a few:

My own JTM30Clean
    Armin's 52 Del M03 Comp (I live on this one at home, especially with my '52 RI Tele)
    Andy's Morgan Clean+
    and I use one more that's a highly modified thing from a Rob Shanahan rig. I can't even tell what the original amp was, but it was tweaked for a Gilmourish tone.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I also use the Morgan AC20 for live applications. I created a clean rig by turning the gain down on it and then use pedals with the stock profile and clean profile to vary my different kinds of dirt. I just love the note definition on this profile.
    Additionally, I sometimes use a Marshall, an Orange, and a Hiwatt I purchased from theampfactory.

• I tend to tweak. And, I have been working with the effects quite a bit.

So, the below us different from the above answers:

My main live sounds are a couple of profiles of my Jubilee. One has a bit less gain than the other, and was miced for a little more open sound.

For most clean sounds, I use edited versions of Bill Ruppert's Jc120, and a Matchless Blues profile for cleanish.

There are another 24 or so profiles I use for specific songs/sounds- they have all been edited at least a little:
    The Joe Satriani Signature amp from the Rig Exchange is great for heavier things
    One of the TAF JCM800 for 80s hairbands
    That great Marshall-style amp from the "a little Marshall" thread.
    I also use Bill Ruppert's acoustic sim, Rhodes, several of my organ and synth and strings and sounds.

There are another 12 for occasional gigs with another band, playing classic rock and oldies. Vibrolux, tweed bassman, pawnshop amps, cheesy organ, surf tremolo and reverb.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
    I recently revisited a "Vibrolux Vibrato" profile. It is clean, open, gorgeous - makes everything you play sound like Jeff Beck meets Eric Johnson

• HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
    I recently revisited a "Vibrolux Vibrato" profile. It is clean, open, gorgeous - makes everything you play sound like Jeff Beck meets Eric Johnson

I don't see such a rig on the rig exchange. Any idea where you got it?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• The Joe Satriani Signature amp from the Rig Exchange is great for heavier things

i beg your pardon, sir. where is this delicious JS signature amp to be found? kind regards, geraldo
    {i cannot find it searching for "satriani!"}

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• ah, the rigs, i forgot the question, i am sorry. here we go:

• if i were playing live again, i would handle it like i did for a couple of years succesfully: i need only approx. 4 sounds for a live concert
      1- a clean sound with compresor and chorus and an extreme version with delay and reverb for special intros
      2- a crunchy sound for the rhythm work
      3- a gain sound for the solos
    • this was before the days of the KPA, but i would do the same again. i'd use a marshall plexi profile for 2 and 3 and the hiwatt for cleans. done!
      i have done this in rehearsals by turning the knob and it worked, so i do not urgently need the performance mode and the foot controller
    • recording-wise it is here the contrary. i am happy to have more than 15 favourite rigs and i test them all via reamping which one fits the song best.
    • but just for the fun of it, here are my 5 faves i return to very often.
    • MARHALL Plexi by MiLLA
    • CREAM JTA-45 by ... :D
    • AFD Marshall 100 by G.
    • LANEY Ironheart by ANdi44
    • vanWEELDEN Twinkleland by Mats Nermark

cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.