Kemper reamp issue with Saffire Pro 40 and Reaper

• I was able to reamp successfully with a Tascam MkII S/PDIF in and out with Reaper. Worked great. But I can't get it to work with a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40.

I'm basically having issues sending the one reamp track in reaper back to the kemper S/PDIF input by itself. I can get the entire DAW to go through, and then mute all the other tracks but the reamp track, but that isn't going to help if I want to reamp and listen to the rest of the tracks at once. What I've tried to do is a hardware output on that track to s/pdif, when I do I get feedback on the mix control software.

If anyone else is using Reaper and a Saffire Pro (or actually, I bet anyone using the Saffire MixControl software) and is getting reamping to work, please help. :)

If I figure it out, I'll post it on here. The ability to reamp is super useful, and I'd like to take advantage of it.

• Figured it out. Started watching youtube vids on the saffire mixcontrol software and enough finally clicked.

What was throwing me off is that the ins and out are named differently on the software... you have to go into reaper, do a hardware output to output Pro40-bunchofnumnbers 5. (or whatever, I used 5. Could obviously use any that were open.)

Then Go into the SPDIF output 1 and change it to DAW5. Make sure the input on your kemper is set to spdif and you should be golden. Now arm a track for recording to spdif, hit record and watch the amazing happen.

• You can rename your hardware inputs and outputs in preferences/audio/channel naming to reamp or whatever, if that helps any.

Makes things much clearer when routing.... :)

• Yes, but do not know which entry is assigned to track reamplified, I can not assign or spdif or analog, something is happening to me.
    I think I will put a photo for more concise seer.

thanks

• Sorry Mike I was talking to okstrat.

Have you checked Preferences/Audio/Device to see what interface inputs and outputs are showing? My guess that's the problem.

• Here I put all possible data ...

In kemper reamp Spdif input / output, monitor out, mono master spdif, stereo master page 5/5 spdif out link / constant latency.

The line is chosen for Reamping 5/daw Line 5 saffire mix

When arming the track for recording Reamping input 3 is why I've monitor output, which is analog.

I have no way to assign spdif output to Reaper.

The Saffire mix in sync option mutes the signal source if I choose spdif (nothing is heard)

With this option but disable the master track send parend di is still listening to the DI track with what I hear the two sources + DI reamp track.

Some data to be taken into account?[Blocked Image: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll260/megamiguel_2008/ReampingReaper_zps7a672edc.png][/URL][/img]

• Some help to understand the power of Focusrite MixControl:

1. Your Saffire MixControl offers you up to 8 separate Stereo Mixers or up to 16 Mono Mixers (or e.g. 4 Stereo Mixers and 8 Mono Mixers). Just imagine they were real hardware mixers on your desk.

2. Each of these Mixers has 18 mono inputs (or 9 stereo inputs, or any combination of mono & stereo up to a total of 18 channels)

3. In front of these Mixers, you have a router to assign audio sources to the mixer channels. The input assignment (input routing) is the same for all your Mixers. All Mixers will have the same inputs of your choice assigned.

4. In the output routing section of MixControl (the bottom half of MixControl window) you have a total of 22 outputs and you can route either your Mixers to the output channels, or assign any of your 18 audio inputs directly to your outputs. In addition you can also assign up to 28 outputs from your DAW directly to any of the 22 outputs of your Saffire.

Make sure you understand this huge flexibility before you read further!

5. Let's say you've created a Reamp Mix (like I can see on your screenshot). Where do you want to send this Reamp Mix? You want to send it to the SPDIF Output 1 which goes to your Profiler? Select it in the router section in the bottom half of your MixControl at the SPDIF Output 1. It should look like this: "Reamp Mix -> SPDIF Output 1"

6. Now what audio signal do you want to send through your Reamp mix? You want to send your DI track from your DAW. Most likely you don't want to send your DAW's Master Output (which would be DAW1 and DAW2). So in your DAW, you need to send the DI track to another DAW output, e.g. the 5th available output in your DAW.

7. When you've routed the DI track to the 5th output channel of your DAW, you need to route the DAW5 channel to one of your MixControl mixers' mono faders (above the fader and the pan in MixControl), move this channel's fader to 0.0 and move the Reamp Mix master fader to 0.0 as well.

Now your routing in MixControl should be complete. You just have to switch the Profiler's input to S/PDIF and you're ready to go.

I know it's a bit confusing and it takes a while to understand. But as soon as you understand you will notice how powerful MixControl actually is. Don't give up to early, it's worth the effort. :)

• Thank you very much for the clarification!
    The truth is that I have not paid much attention to the saffire mixer because with so many mixers I find confusing, so trying to do everything from one tab.

If I understand you say that I send the DI to a mixer track 2 for example and let that single isolated output in the mixer right?
    " You Just have to switch the Profiler's input to S / PDIF and you're ready to go."
    Here you say to change the option "sync source" to spdif?

Really thank you very much that was several days without finding the key, when I can I try and posting if you have it out properly.

• I've been testing this you mention and I still return to daw reamplified by spdif track.

The DI track reaches the kemper, but the return is processed which I am not able to listen to spdif signal.

The only way I have of getting it is assigned to track reamp (DAW) kemper the analog input (monitor out) but as I have the spdif signal return? On the saffire mix not seen.
    I do not do the whole Reamping by spdif but the channel reamp I assign the analog input.

Sorry for my English is very poor.