Kemper through guitar cabs

• Hi!

Finally got my powerhead and i am very happy with it, i first bought a regular kemper toast but regret i didn't bought the powered one.
    Tried my first kemper through a solid state amp and sounded great, also tried it with a few tube power amps but for me that sounded bad, i guess you could eq it to sound good if you really want.

But i must say for me it is much harder to get profile that sound good through a guitar cabinet, in my case i use mesa boogie rectifier 2x12 v30 and what i experience is that for my liking a profile 1/10 sound good. (the others sounds good through monitors)
    in this case it seems very important how the profiles is done, i also experience that profiles done with multiple mic's seems to get it worse?
    The best results i got is when using profiles done with the cab i'm supposed playing with, i could use a lot of great profiles from others that may work, but it looks like profliles done with simular cabs seems to sound best, at least for me.

I could probably get many more profiles to work but that seems to include a lot of extra eq, i understand that this is required to get the most awesome sound and that is ok.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and i am happy to get recommends about rigs that work great through guitar cabs, in my case i most interested in hi gain rigs but use all of them.

• I tried monitor eq and that helps a bit, problem is when changing to other profiles that sounds good without added eq.
    I guess this isn't a big problem for me, the reason i bought the powered version is to run guitar cabs at rehearsals and i don't use a lot of different sounds there.
    I was kind of surprised that many of my favorite profiles with monitors sounded bad with my guitar cab, on the other hand many profiles i didn't like to much before sounded really great this way.
    From now on i will try new profiles both ways :) and i'm sure i will soon have plenty of good pofiles for my needs.

• Just adjust a set of profiles for the cab.
    Normally you can use the sound from the Master Out, but when you need your Kemper for the rehearsals, you select the customized profiles. That's what I plan to do, when my powered rack has arrived.
    The Vintage 30 is a pretty colorful cab, that might also make the job of adjustment a bit more tricky.

• Yeah it is disabled, i'm not having problem to get good sounds of it.
    Profiles that were tweaked for recording purposes seems to sound kind of fake through my guitar cab, like a recorded sound coloration that is not supposed to come directly from guitar cab (like colorisations from microphones)
    But there is many profiles out there that is rawer and sounder very good with my cab.
    Important to separate live vs recording profiles in this case.

btw there is some profiles out there that is tweaked before kemper did the profile, and that's why it's just not to disable eq's and stuff added in kemper. I understand it is impossible for cab driver function to solve that
    Lots of profiles out there and comes more every day so that's not a big problem.

• Yeah, I tweak profiles for cab use and add a little * to their names. Mostly it is an eq thing, and usually I get a long way by just adjusting the treble control in the stack.

One has to go through profiles two times though. Ya never know if a good direct profile is good through a cab.

• I'm also using the Powerhead with my "reference-cabinet" (Boogie Thiele 1x12" with a very old EVoice 12) and I don't have any problems. I can use the same profiles, whether I use the Master Output for my studio monitors (Klein & Hummel, very linear) or the Monitor Out for the cabinet. The Powerhead-slave seems to be very linear and sounds awesome on the Boogie-cabinet, too.

But anyway, just use some profiles especially for the cabinet and the problem must be solved, there are so many diffrent studio-monitors, active boxes, speakers and cabinets out there.

By the way, for my ears the V30s do sound very "nasal" and they influence the whole guitar-sound a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Are there any Bundles for sale that are profiled maily for using guitar power amp and cab? There are so many excellent Rigs on Soundclound, You tube aso, but most of them seem to be set for other use than power apm/cab.

• Try to find preamp profiles only, my experience is that this sounds bether than profiles with cabs. And if you turn off the cabinet it always sounds to bright even live true a guitar amp speaker.

• Trying to get the best of my kemper through guitar cab and i have noticed if i play with the power sag option it got better, and using studio eq and boosting lows, mids, and highs get me much closer to reality, as some may know i did a little comparison here Powerhead with guitar cab vs direct vs amp
    and played the files through a freq analyzer gave some help on what to do, still a bit off but much closer, when i tried monitor eq it does not help me the way i want but will try it a bit more soon, using studio eq and sag affects tone to FOA if i want to use that also.
    Don't know if there is a better solution to this but i will gladly know your tricks, guess this affects solid state power amps most, and in this case kempers power amp (power head).

i know a lot use frfr but i want to use my guitar cab and i feel i'm on my way now, did try it at rehearsal today through my 4x12 v30 and with the eq tweaks and sag raise it was a pleasure to play.