How would you create a wide stereo sound?

• Hi! I'm pretty new with the Kemper (for live use) and are just about to use it when gigging.

I'm in this metal band where I'm the only guitarist. Earlier I used two real amps with a 4x12 each on each side of the stage to get a full wide sound.
    To make the sound even wider I delayed one amp 7ms to create some kind of fake stereo effect and I think that was working great!

I kinda miss that with the Kemper, since it can only produce one amp sound. I tried to add a chorus effect but it's too much chorus sound (of course!). I don't want to hear the effect.

Are there any more guitarists in this forum that have had this issue and found a cool solution?
    Obviously I can buy a second Kemper but that's out of the equation. :huh:

• Delaying one stereo side by a few millisecond will not create a stereo effect for the audience.
    A listener that stands a few meters apart from the center line of the PA has this effect already.

On larger venues the FOH mixer tends to mix everything in mono, since only a few people will benefit from that, while a majority will suffer, e.g. when the hihat is moved more to one side.

However, the Air Chorus is one of the best methods to create a gentle stereo effect.

• Delaying one stereo side by a few millisecond will not create a stereo effect for the audience.
    A listener that stands a few meters apart from the center line of the PA has this effect already.

On larger venues the FOH mixer tends to mix everything in mono, since only a few people will benefit from that, while a majority will suffer, e.g. when the hihat is moved more to one side.

However, the Air Chorus is one of the best methods to create a gentle stereo effect.

I couldn't agree more. I just resort to the Air Chorus when I need a wider stereo effect on a specific part of a song.

Ok thank you! I will try this tonight!