Posts by Crookster

I have a Kabinet and a Camplifier SHP on the way. I will be playing mono in home studio so very quiet; mostly jazz; and with small rock bands in small indoor and outdoor venues (once lockdown is over). I have no immediate use for the stereo nor the great amount of power (I assume I won't run in bridge mode); but it seems like a great unit overall so I just look at these as extras. I did not get the volume control because I can't think of a use for it. I will just control volume from the Profiler.

I have the same SHP which is excellent. I bought without the volume control also and have no issue.

Great post.

I know the Edge is not everyones cup of tea but he did make me pick up the guitar. When I first heard Rattle and Hum which was basically an extension of the Joshua Tree, that was it for me.

I love Slash, but was never into the shredders, (I do admire them somewhat though), but perhaps that could be that my little fingers don't move as fast as I'd like.

My late dad was the original singer in the Groundhogs who started out as a blues outfit in the 60's and I suppose I'm following suit as blues/rock is what I tend to listen and play now...... sort of.

Glad it worked out. I think you will be doing a lot of tweaking, because you'll be hearing things that weren't there before!

Yes I already am!

Not too much though as the sound is close, I think its just a case of re-training my ears.

Ive played around with a few high gain profiles and I can see why there are issues for some. However in the 'monitor cab off disabled' mode I find the sweetening adjustment the perfect link between the FR and imprints.

For me the cleans in particular are just awesome.

Is it possible to have more than 1000 rigs loaded simultaneously yet?

I was thinking of getting the ToneJunkie Everything Pack, which is 2000+ rigs, but I already have about 870+ in my Kemper.

Doable, or is it still a hard limit?

Bargain at $150 so possibly worth keeping in Rig Manager for as and when.

As far as I'm aware 1000 profiles is the limit, you have to include downloaded presets amongst that number too.

Here's the new rig and I'm thrilled with it. Thought adding the Tele made it look less like a Star Wars droid.

Yes spirit the Camplifier works a treat with it, totally transparent as you'd expect. I'm not currently using it in Stereo but I went for the SHP to future proof myself.

It sounds great, (except my playing) even at lower volumes, I tend to play around -23dB's in my garden office.

Glad it worked out for you in the end! I know it's probably a bit of a faff now, but it would great to hear your thoughts on similarity between the original speaker from the victory cab as opposed to the imprint of the same speaker with the kone in the victory cab

It was the first comparison i made using the Celestion Vintage 30. It wasn’t obviously a side by side comparison as I’d have to keep changing speakers, but to my ears as close to identical as I imagine it could be,

I’m very impressed and really pleased with this new set up.

Kone arrived this morning and now resides in my little Victory 1 x 12.

All I have to say is........WOW! I'm so impressed with my new set up.

Ive spent a fair bit lately getting it all, the Camplifier SHP as I have the unpowered KPA, the Victory cabinet, and also the Kone, I even upgraded my Wah pedal from the Moog to the Mission Engineering. However I feel it really has been money well spent.

I originally used a Headrush FR108 which in its defence is pretty good value for money. The Camplifier arrived first and then the Victory which I tried for a few days, this was already a significant improvement on the Headrush, but with the Kone fitted it really is the real deal.

Its been interesting to experiment all the three stages over the last couple of weeks.

The imprints are great (its worth finding out what speaker is best suited to the amp), and in my humble opinion are a massive upgrade to the FR function of the Kone.

The cleans and the slightly broken up amp profiles are fantastic, not good, FANTASTIC. Hi gain profiles sound great too but I'm not really into them so I don't feel I can comment so much.

I plugged back into the Headrush to hear the difference and there was no comparison., Its like watching a blockbuster movie in an IMAX cinema as opposed to watching it on you phone, and laid the amp in the room discussion there and then for me.

Definitely definitely worth the money.

I would have purchased the KPA Kabinet if only I could have got hold of one, however I reckon my set up is as good if not better.

You can probably sense how pleased I am.

Just need to sell my Headrush FR and Moog pedal now!!

Victory V112-V 1x12 Compact Cab, redwood pine used on the top and sides, and Baltic birch ply used on the backs and the baffles, fitted with a 1x12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker - £399.

A Harley Benton G112 Vintage, 18mm poplar ply, fitted with a 1x 12" Celestion Vintage 30 speaker - £111!

I'm just thankful I bought two Line 6 DT25 112 extension cabinets when I did. It's over four years ago now, and I still think they're the best looking 1x12 cab out there. Designed by tube-amp guru Reinhold Bogner, and made from Baltic birch ply. They sounded fantastic with the 12" custom Celestion G12H-90 speaker; they sound even better with the KEMPER Kone!

I know I could have gone for a more affordable cab than the Victory but as I'm tempted by the Victory Sheriff amp I thought i'd kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

For me its a good looking cab too and hey its only money.

Nice. I have ordered an S2 this week. I have an Orange 2x12 that I will try it with whenever it arrives but definitely keen on getting a Kabinet too. Have you preordered one? If so where is a good place to PO from in order to get it as soon as possible?

To be honest there isn't. Most companies quoting 2-3 months for the Kabinet. I had one on order but I cancelled it.

In the end I ordered a Victory cab £399 plus the KEMPER Kone for £130. The Kone is expecting to arrive tomorrow.

Ive since tried the KPA/Camplifier with the Victory (Vintage Celestion speaker) and i have to say its already an improvement on my Headrush FR unit. Clean profiles sound ace but some of the higher gain profiles are a bit fizzy.

No point tweaking them until the Kone is fitted which im hoping is going to be a big upgrade.

I found out today there are some cabs from Thomann selling for around £100. Put that with a Kone for around £230 all in.

If I knew a week ago what I know now, that may have been the route I'd gone down. However if I were you I'd buy 2 Kones for your Orange 2x12 and think about mono or stereo.

Two Kones as a bundle is around £250 and around a week for delivery.

Now you say! after I just purchased a Victory cab for £399!

I think it says this.....

One corner of my KPA's inner screen is squeezed by the outer screen, and the posts are together. There is a water ripple in the lower left corner of the visual sense screen. How to solve this, please help! Need to disassemble the KPA to get a screen?

Many thanks Michael!

Watched a Paul David video on YouTube earlier (wow, what a guitar player he is), with his 5 fave Kemper Rigs, suffice to say 4 of them were yours from the Profile pack 1.

Think I'll go ahead a purchase that, the Matchbox one sounded sublime.