Posts by MrHighway

So would one less of a ball ache way of quickly solving it would be to use 1 mono 1/4” to xlr jack main out into the front analogue along with my xlr mic just for the Zoom lessons? That way the interface uses both 1+2 to stream both my signals.

I have a similar issue, I got my 8i6 yesterday and run the Kemper via SPDIF. Its coming out the monitors and I can jam with Spotify fine, however I use Zoom for guitar lessons and it doesn't pick up SPDIF as a mic audio input.

As I use one of the analogue inputs for an xlr mic for speaking this leaves me only one other free xlr port for a Kemper and its the only input Zoom will detect. I can still use a 1/4" to xlr jack and just go mono can't I? I mean its only Zoom so stereo isn't really necessarily esp if the person on the other side is using crappy laptop in-built speakers. If not doing Zoom lessons I don't need the xlr mic anyway so I can do SPDIF straight to monitors. Or use both front interface ports to do stereo?

Nearly all my guitars have Bareknuckle humbuckers, they are great, I have the Aftermath and Nailbomb in two Les Paul's and soon to be installing a Juggernaut in an LTD. Punchy, clear and got a lot of power! Also not high end fizzy like some other pickups, if you email them and tell them what you want sound-wise they'll advise you which pickups to get. Always been super helpful with me.

That's probably overkill for what I want to use it for. But I want to only spend the money once as I might expand to more instruments or outputs. 4i4 might just about do the trick but maybe not enough.

I'm looking for an appropriate interface to record my Kemper signal and also act as a good soundcard to play audio from my laptop. The onboard Realtek driver is rubbish.

Should I get one with SPDIF input? As this will keep the signal digital I believe? Or should I go XLR input?

I probably wanna get a Focusrite but there's so many of them I'm not sure which one, the 8i6 perhaps?

I also deliver Zoom guitar lessons so I would need an XLR input for a microphone for my voice. Everything else via the interface. Audio out to monitors.

Yes I did, as the rack mounts wouldn't align with the case holes, but it fits nicely.

Yeah there's a fair bit of space at the back too which is handy, but more for better ventiliation.

Thanks man, they're great cabs, I have the 4x12 I use live but its in storage at the band HQ and far too loud for home use. The V30 speakers sound really good too, was tempted by the Mesa 1x12 but they're 3 x more expensive and very heavy!

I too am seeking one but my main 3 go to retailer's for gear don't have them in stock and as mentioned above its over a month til they expect to get any more in. So I just went for an Orange 1x12 to make do with in the meantime, it sounds pretty good to be fair even though its not going to give me the proper profile sound through speakers.

Hmm looks a bit bulky...

Did you have to remove the rubber feet of the unit to get it inside the case? As mentioned the 3U may not accommodate this but the 4U might be a bit too large to carry on daily basis. I may have to either remove the feet if I get 3U or bite the bullet and get a 4U.

Hmm ok thanks still interested to see how much space there is behind the unit at the back when its in the case though!

Only reason why I ask is the one I'm looking at is 200mm depth whereas the Kemper Powerrack is 220mm depth but would the lids compensate for the extra 20mm?

Really? I've seen a few photos of people using the 3U case and it looks like its a snug fit. Just not sure how much space there's gonna be behind the unit.

As for air circulation the back cover will be taken off and there's nothing planned to go behind it anyway so not sure that'd be an issue.

Right, I don’t need a power amp cos it’s already got one inside. My wireless is a pedal format (Line 6 G50) and I’m not using any monitor systems. Would a 4U fit the remote controller? Might move around a bit inside though...

The 3U will probably be enough for basic protection from dust, knocks, rain etc.

After getting my new Power rack unit yesterday I am seeking a small, lightweight protective case for transporting it around.

Anyone know what the best one to get is?

Apparently I need a shallow 3U one a bit like these:

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-…2EKQJpEAQYAiABEgJZQ_D_BwE

https://www.thomann.de/gb/thom…2EKQJpEAQYBSABEgIBQvD_BwE

What does the 3U actually mean? I'm not looking to store much else in the case apart from the unit so other things like cables and the remote I can take separately.

There's £100 difference between an Orange 1x12 and the Kabinet so wanted to get the Orange one first while I wait for the Kabinet to become available in the UK. I just hope it'll hold up against the power amp of the Kemper, it should do as its a 16ohm cab and the speaker output of the unit is 8-16ohms.

There doesn't seem many places with the Kabinet in stock til July so I'm thinking of getting a regular 1x12 cab (probably Orange) in the meantime.

A 1x12 (60watt I think) should hold up against the KPA power amp right? I've seen people using smaller cabinets with it and it still sounds great.

Ha in all seriousness though I will get one, as I plan to join a function/covers band when this lockdown shizz is lifted, and maybe a new originals band. I think it'll be worth the investment long-term.