Posts by MarshallCW

So the PC for sure causes "some" of the hum which gets better or worse depending on how close I am to it. I had already known that before hand and moved it away which fixed a lot of it but I still am getting what you heard in the videos. However the Peavy amp for example is not even close to the PC to the point where I don't think the PC would affect it and as you can hear the audio issue is exactly the same... So that leads me to believe that the electricity wiring in my house could just be bad in someway?

Hey guys, I have an MH-1000 with Seymour Duncan HB pickups that was bought new back in the day. I have a real bad what I am assuming is feedback issue with the my guitar audio, which I am assuming the pickups or wiring inside the guitar is the issue based on my diagnoses... So I tried playing the guitar with new analogue cables, also with my Peavy 6505+ amp, and also with my Kemper Profiler with both analogue and SPDIF connections, and also through an interface with BIAS FX, the audio issue persists with all of these examples in the same manner, meaning the constant variable here is the guitar, or something in my bedroom affecting the audio? At this point the only fix I can find is to set a noise gate to 6+ to eliminate the hum which is extremely high and I would prefer to fix the root of the issue. Should I buy new pickups? Or take it to guitar center or something to get checked out? Or maybe just buy a new guitar? Please help!

https://drive.google.com/file/…RtAWDTYk/view?usp=sharing

Here is a video sample of the Peavy 6505+ audio

https://drive.google.com/file/…fsjlGVOR/view?usp=sharing

Here is an example of the Kemper audio

Hey guys, I just recently setup my SPDIF connection between my Kemper and Scarlett 8i6 3rd gen. It sounds amazing coming through my headphones. But when playing back the recording back in Reaper, the audio is significantly quieter, and I might even say that it almost sounds worse quality but it's hard to tell. Duplicating the track pretty much fixes this but it's still strange in the first place and the double track is more of a band-aid if you ask me. Does anyone know what might be causing the audio level differences in this weird way? Keep in mind turning up the Rig Volume will not fix this because it will make it unbearably loud in my headphones, and turning down the Main Volume or Headphones Volume does not affect the sound level in my headphones at all. While changing the Rig Volume can make it louder or quieter in my headphones, it will also affect the recording volume.

Here's my Kemper's audio output settings:

Main Output + SPDIF Output = Master Stereo, Main Volume + Headphones Volume = 0.0dB (aka turned 100% up), No EQ settings, SPDIF Volume = 0.0dB (100% up), Pure Cabinet = 3.5, Space = 2.5, Aux settings all 0 (aka down to 0%),

I figured it out... -.- literally all I had to do was add the SPDIF output to the output routing section of the Scarlett mixer FML

Hey guys, I have my Kemper running an SPDIF cable OUT to my Scarlett 8i6 3rd gen's IN... My guitar's analogue cable is running from my guitar to the Kemper's front IN. The SPDIF sample rate is set to 44.1kHz on both the Kemper and the Scarlett, also attempted 48 kHz respectively with no success. In the output section of the Kemper, Main Output is set to Master Stereo, and SPDIF Output is set to Master Stereo, SPDIF Volume is turned up. Also note I am NOT trying to reamp, just trying to play guitar through headphones. Clock source set to SPDIF on the Scarlett audio mixer. Also in the Scarlett audio mixer "Output Routing" section if I set the SPDIF outputs 1-2 to SPDIF 1-2 instead of Analogue 5-6 I can see the guitar audio being picked up in the program, but still no sound to headphones.

Anyone know why the Kemper's amp audio is not being received?

OK. Do you have any other guitars you can test it with or any other amps. You want to methodically go through the signal chain from beginning to end to find the source. Bear in mind that you said it happens with and without the interface. Therefore, SPDIF cables can’t be the cause.

Yeah, I will test it with my flying v. Although at this point I am 90% sure the pickups are the issue because the feedback gets worse when I move the guitar closer to electronics, and lessens up when I move further away. This was an issue even before I had the Kemper when I was using VST amps like BIAS FX through the same Steinberg interface. I'll also plug it into a plain old Peavy 6505+ amp to see if it goes away cause maybe the wattage on the PC could be messing with the electronics somehow, but either way I'll diagnose everything I can and will probly end up switching the pickups to some more reliable ones that are single coil. I actually already bought a new interface anyways because my current one doesn't have enough input slots to support both the Kemper and the XLR cable for my microphone, so hopefully that will improve the tone a little or something but mainly just a quality of life purchase.

SPDIF cables are unlikely to improve the problem you are describing. It sounds more like the guitar pickups are suffering from interference. Are the single coil or HB? Are they properly wax potted?

I have an MH-1000 with Seymour Duncan HB pickups. I bought the guitar new so I assume they do that in the factory, I have never messed with it like that.

the hum shouldn’t be there. I rarely have my noise gate above 2 (3 at the absolute max). Do you get this with the KPA disconnected from absolutely everything else? Guitar - KPA - Headphone with nothing else even plugged in?

Yeah if the noise gate isn't above 6 for me the feedback is just unbearable. Still present when KPA is disconnected from absolutely everything else. It seems like the feedback gets worse the closer my guitar pickups get to my PC. Must be some type of mechanical component, or material in the PC interacting with the guitar pickups causing it to happen. I think I might just have to buy a better interface that can support SPDIF cables for a better sound.

Hey guys, to record my Kemper I am running it into my Steinberg audio interface via analogue cables (which is the worst choice I know) but my interface doesn't have support for XLR or SPDIF so it was the only option. I actually have two issues, the first is that the headphone audio when the headphones are plugged into the interface (and not the kemper) is noticeably worse (tone is worse + quieter),but immediately sounds better/normal when the headphones are plugged into the Kemper instead... I need them plugged into the interface though, how can I fix that?

The second issue is that, the Kemper's audio has pretty significant feedback (60 cycle hum) even without using the interface, but it happens in the interface too. The only way I have been able to get rid of the feedback is to put the Kemper's noise gate to about 8 which is pretty high imo and don't want to use it like that, does anyone know what might be causing this issue, or how to reduce it naturally? For reference, it's not my headphones, the cables are all brand new analogue cables, my Kemper is also brand new, my equipment is all right next to my PC, PS4, Switch, xbox, 2 PC monitors, and TV, the electrical outlet works fine, my guitar also works fine. So I'm not 100% sure what the issue may be but I think it may be too close to other electronics.

Hey guys literal brand new Kemper user here with lets assume 0 audio engineering knowledge. I saw online before that the only way you can connect your Kemper to your PC was to use analogue or SPDIF or XLR connections, in which case I bought more analogue cables to do so through my interface (other two options are not possible with my current interface). Well now after trying to mess with Rig Manager, I see people and videos talking about how you can connect your Kemper to your PC via USB??? Which clearly goes against what people were saying before... Is that true and how/what cable (ends specifically) do I need to do that? Also don't use abbreviations like KPA or KPR or whatever cause idk what that is. Thank you!