Posts by halipino

Hello friends, I am finally starting to store a few rigs in performance mode with the Stage and one thing I notice (which maybe got you guys at first as well?) is that most amps have a different amount of volume from preset to preset.

I guess the question is, as far as tips and tricks are concerned:
    * Is there a best practice to balance the the volume across all stored presets?
    * Is there some kind of a meter or visual built in or do we just "use our ears" and the Volume adjustment in the Amp Module?

What do you guys do to even out the sounds?

Thank you:)

You can't unless the author of the Profile made a note of it. Some do it by adding a code in the name of the Profile - but there's no standard for doing that.

That muddy's the waters a bit. I'm not much for technical stuff, the simpler the better for me. lol I think it's super cool that there are some serious engineer/scientist types on this forum to help us ordinary humanoids.

How do you tell the difference between a studio or merged profile?

I found this thread and scrolled though it Differences between studio and merged profiles

What speaker are you using when you choose Monitor Cab Off?

***EDIT*** Doh! I see your using a standard cab.

Well here is the thing I don't get, I'm testing out one of the free rigs from sinmix's website and his amp comes with what it looks like a MB 2x12 rectifier HO or something (?) which must be embedded in his profile because it does not appear in the choices I have when I go into the browse mode.

Hi ST, thank you for quick response, only problem is there is a noticeable difference in sound if I shut off the CAB Module, definitely more grainy and fizzy with it off using a high gain amp profile. just tested it and with cab module off it has the the same sound as turning off the "Monitor Cab Off"... hmmm

Hi guys, I am starting to feel overwhelmed with all the settings and principles that go along with using a power amp & cabinet with the Stage (using a regular amp is just so much easier for me but I am trying so hard to get the Kemper Stage all setup for playing live and its tormenting me with all these tweaks and settings). Hopefully I can verbalize this correctly especially since I a not sure what the heck I'm doing.. lol

OK here goes, I've read the manual, watched a few videos and finally got around to hooking up my stage to a 100w power amp and a Marshall 2x12 cab with 35w Celestions.

1. I connect Stage Monitor Out to the the power amp input

2. I hit the OUTPUT Section button and then turn off Monitor Cab Off switch

3. Set the Monitor Output to Master Mono (although for some reason the chorus and flange sound better on Master STEREO??)

* But here is the part that is confusing me, yes I have turned the "Monitor Cab Off" but I still have the cabinet module section "ON" and I can spin the knob and swap out a variety of different speaker models but I thought the point of all this was to have a pure signal coming to my speaker cabinet without another Celestion creamback or greenback etc... coloring the tone since I am not using a Kemper Kone speaker...

4. So with that in mind I turned off the Cab Module but I'm not sure what I'm hearing anymore?

5. All I have is a headache lol am I supposed to have the Cab Module "OFF" to get a unaffected signal by another speaker profile?

I hope this question of mine is clear to understand and solve.
    Thank you

I liked his intro better but your song is more fun and Geddy likes it too! :P

For those who can't relate...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Lol well what can ya do? RUSH is RUSH, end of story... I was just goofing around but a little humor goes a long way. ??

i may not be the best singer lol but the passion is there... anyways had some fun recording WORKING MANS BLUES by Merle Haggard. Guess you could say it is an uptempo blues rock version. spun the dial and settled on Dr. Z & Friedman profiles, it's really hard to choose with 1,000 sounds in the Kemper. Dang!
    YEEEEHAW!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Inspired by Robert Johnson going down to the crossroads but this time it's the devil ? begging for mercy.
    Ended up with a powerful 70's style sound using a few Fender profiles, it has a bit of a "The Who" spirit to it as I take 1 poor lonesome "A" chord and smash it into the ground. lol

Sorry guys I was told I started this thread in the wrong section of forum so apologize for redundancy... Lol

https://bighairyprofiles.com/i…edman-naked-profiles-pack

This seems pretty good to me, anyone out there already purchase?

:)