Posts by fenderbenderlax

hi Folks,

Is it possible to set up a dual amp with the Kemper. So the idea is

Guitar -- > Kemper Input

Kemper Loop or Send (Pre Stack) -- > Physical Amp input

So basically my Kemper rig will be will be AMP 1 sent direct to FOH. The signal Pre Stack that is sent to AMP2 can then be sent direct through to PA as well where we can blend to taste.

I guess it is easy to do with an ABY box but I'm trying to avoid that route. Can I use one of the loops to achieve this? Also the key is there might be times when I want only one amp to be active. I guess if the loop is switched off then I can ensure that the Kemper is active. However, if the loop is on is it possible to kill the signal out of the Kemper?

Thanks

Ok pedal 3 Wah -got it that was a missing link!

Burkhard where are the Cry or other settings I'm missing? I only saw Wah at the top of the Wah block, then hi pass low pass. Would being plugged into EP input one mistakenly cause it to not give me the 'Cry' option mentioned?

if you set up the wah on the stage you will see the different ways show up in the menu. I don't think you can change the wah model through the Kemper editor though.

Why are so many profiles so dark and compressed? Without mentioning any brands...

Then others are thin and non amp like as well?

Currently, the M Britt ones thru my real cab are the only ones that actually sound like an open glorious fire breathing tube amp -to my ears.

Very true! I found that MBritt through FRFR was not so pleasing even at higher volumes. TopJimi sounded quite thin. The best profiles that I found which worked both ways was from Choptones (again my sample size is one - JP2C).

Have you tried the Victory amp profiles? About £5 per pack so probably worth a try?

Should be something for anyone on them.

Run your Kemper into a power amp with a cab and take any of the Marshall profiles (I'm using only the stock ones that came with the unit) from TAF. You may be pleasantly surprised.

so I just goofed around a bit with the Acoustic Sim and it does seem like something I'd like to try for real. So my question is: how exactly do you implement this thing? Since it's an EQ effect, you have to put in a rig of some kind, yes? Since you're turning off the amp and cab blocks, does it matter what rig you start with? Should all effects and be turned off other than the Sim to start (I'm assuming you maybe can/should add other eq or processing that you might add to a true acoustic - e.g., chorus or light flange, light reverb, etc.). Thanks.

may different ways I guess that you can implement it. for best results what I tried is to have a sparkling clean rig in the stack and the acoustic simulator pre stack. Then I send it out on a parallel path and mix to taste. That produces pretty good acoustic tones..although I still prefer a piezo system..

So I do have the HX stomp and was using it as my standby rig. But the more I play with Kemper the less exciting it is to play with the helix. It sounds ok, but it just lacks something which I'm not able to explain when playing. I'm seriously contemplating trading the HX and getting a tube combo as my backup rig. For effects other than overdrive, I think the Kemper effects are on par.

But honestly, the best results for me with the Kemper is now running it through a power amp and cab :)

last night was playing with my new SLO pack from Guido, I found a tuning adjuster added in one of the stomp slots - instant Eb if you want it, or even better natural sounding harmonies for double tracking. Didn't even know it was available lol.

I really dig the verb / delays since the updates too - oh, plus some gentle ducking where needed.

Interesting! Is this the transpose effect? Can that be used to simulate double tracking?

If you are only using it for stereo delays/reverbs why would you want to hook it up in 4CM? More conversions. Can you not just send your main outs to the FX8 (since the effects are all post stack).