Posts by Westwoodo

I used the Mooer with my Hx Stomp through a 2x12 Mesa cab with a Redback/H75 Creamback. The Mooer is LOUD. Once you figure out the volume between the unit and the Baby Bomb, its not a bad power amp. I owned a Seymour Duncan Powerstage and the Mooer really wasn't that much of a downgrade if at all. The added toggle is really nice for refinement if you're just using it with pedals. I'll be trying the Kemper Baby Bomb combo this week, picking up my second Kemper later today!

How did you find it?

Thank you for the replies, I didn't have notifications set up, I wasn't ignoring everyone.

Hi,

an ordinary guitar cable should be fine. Don‘t use speaker cables as they are not shielded.

Okay I will use a normal guitar cable

Very interested to hear how this sounds and if you like it, I'm considering the same powering solution.

I'll hopefully have chance to try it within the next few days

a word of caution:
    people have tried to you this type of (very) low powered power-amps in the past and it pretty much always led to disappointment:
    The levels were way too low, or the power amp was driven so hard that it started to very unpleasantly distort.

I've done the same with my helix and it sounded fine but I've already got all of the equipment so thought I would give it a go

I would use a regular instrument cable from the Monitor Out rather than Main Outputs as this still leaves the main outs available for FOH or Recording. If you are using the baby bomb to power a regular guitar speaker you will need to bypass the cab section in the Kemper. The Monitor Output is specifically designed for this and has a global can bypass that doesn’t affect the signal going to FOH or recording. If you are using the Kemper Kabinet the Kone features only apply to the Monitor Out.

I would also make sure whichever output you do use is set to Master Mono. Plugging into the Left Main Output will only get you half the stereo signal NOT automatically sum to mono.

Thank you for the tips, I will try the monitor out and set it to master mono :thumbup:

I'm looking to use my kemper unpowered toaster with a mooer baby bomb, I know the output of the mooer goes to the input of my cab using a speaker cable but would I use the main output left of the kemper to the input of the mooer baby bomb and if so is it a normal guitar cable I should use or a speaker cable?

Thanks in advance :thumbup: