Posts by JEverly

Beautiful. I have a 594 double cut one off. It is truly one of my favorite guitars. It for me gives me the Les Paul control layout in a double cut guitar. I did end up changing the pickups in mine. The LT pickups were a little too weak for playing gigs. They caused too much of a drop off in volume when I would switch to it. I put in a set of 57/08 pickups and love it now.

Its been like that since the AX8 , always some sort of compromise.

I'm sure if they had of straight up released a floor version of the 3 it would have sold like hotcakes

I can understand cutting down some I/O maybe on a floor version but the blocks and CPU makes zero sense

I agree with this. Why not have the same processing power and all of the same features of the AXIII in the floor unit. That is the reason I bought a Kemper Stage. It does everything the other units do and is all in one unit that IS the pedal board.

The one feature that I really like about the AM9 is the ability to run two separate signal chains through one unit. I wish I could do that with my Kemper. This feature may be enough to get me to buy one. I will see how things play out. I can't imagine it replacing my Kemper. I used an AxeFX Ultra years ago and it definitely did not work for me for a gigging unit. It has been in a rack for years now, mostly unused. It was definitely not worth the money I paid for it in my case.

Well maybe there are here topics allready on it. But I don't understand how its possible to charge money for something that's already exist.

For me i have like 2 ethical questions :

1) if you take a picture of a picture made by a pro photographer is that considered your work???

2)If I resell an purchased profile for kemper and claiming to be my own is that possible considering the fact that the original owner copied it in the first place? So I don't have any plans on the subject but can he sue you or even know about it ???

Both of these are illegal. If you buy a profile then tweak it and resell it, you are still selling a profile created by someone else that sells them. There is a lot that can go into creating a profile. You first have to have access to the amp and cabinet then the mics and whatever preamp you run it though. This also includes the techniques of how you mic up the cabinet and how you refine it.

Taking a picture of a picture and reselling it is also illegal if the picture is copywritten.

I have a Two Notes C.A.B. M+ that could be used for this purpose. You can plug your pedal board straight into it and go XLR to a mixer. If you hooked it up the way you are asking about you would want to turn the preamp off in the C.A.B. M+ since the Kemper would be performing that task. The C.A.B. M+ has 3 levels you can set it to run at for various options to hook it up.

I went with the Stage when I bought mine for the simple reason that the Kemper and the foot controller are all in one unit. To me that is less things to carry and setup. There is no cable between a foot controller and the Kemper unit to mess with. It just simplified everything for a gigging rig for me. It also has the latest hardware improvements in it.

Stumbled upon a great video about miking guitar cabs from Steve Albini:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There's some good advice in there, and I just like the way the guy thinks. Above all else, experiment!

IMHO, this guy is spot on. That is a Fender Champ amp on the chair. They have been used by many guitarists for recording. This is the reason they are so expensive. You have probably heard these amps on many recordings that you would never think was this small amp. When you get the mic placement right on them they sound huge. You can crank the amp to get the breakup you want without taking your eardrums out. They are very low wattage. As already stated, this is a not so well kept secret.

The maker of Band Helper also makes an app named Setlist Maker. It does the setlist part of Band Helper. Look into that. It would be a one time purchase instead of a monthly fee.

absolutely :)

For me, I do theatre shows. Every piece of music is it’s own performance (regardless if that performance has only one rig slot used or all 5).. so that could be say 35-40 odd performances for one show.
    They’re sequential and just keep hitting “up”. Basically every time there’s a sound change, I’m pressing either a slot or the performance up button and the change is marked in the chart.
    The same rig sounds would keep re-appearing many times- it’s not like every single slot of every performance is totally unique. But having every sound change as it’s own slot means they can be tweaked if necessary (particularly level) to avoid riding the volume pedal and so the sounds are 100% consistent night after night.

I wonder if you could use something like Band Helper and use the MIDI along with your setlist to switch your rigs. That way you wouldn't have any empty rig slots in your performances and would not have to store the same rig multiple times across multiple performances. Seems like something that switches the rigs using MIDI may be a good option for what you are doing.

This just goes to show how wide of a variety of people use a Kemper. I can't even imagine 5 rigs across 125 performances not being enough for anyone. I don't use that many different tones in one gig. That is 625 rigs in the unit at one time. If all of those were for one specific song that would mean that you are playing a huge number of songs across multiple bands.

A typical night for me is around 45 to 60 songs (50 song average) depending on the length of the gig and length of the songs. That capacity of the Kemper would cover me playing in about 12 bands with unique song lists that don't use the same tone. This seems crazy to me. I can get through a night with 5 rigs. I could probably do multiple bands with 10 rigs and be very successful with that. So for me, what the Kemper will store is probably every rig I will ever have and I probably still won't fill all of the slots.

+1

I like having the option available. That way if you are recording and you have a rig that needs it you can use this and get it right at the source instead of applying a multi band compressor in the DAW.

I have had the opposite experience with the gain on some profiles. I find that it woks better for me to turn the gain down on them. When you go above what the amp had for gain when it was profiled, the Kemper adds what it thinks the amp would sound like with more gain. It is taking it's best guess. I have found that it doesn't always sound real good. If you take a profile with more gain the Kemper profiling process went through the amp determining the sound of the gain and it does it at varying sound levels so it knows how the amp responded to that. When you turn the gain down the Kemper has a much better idea of how the amp reacted to that when it was profiled and tends to sound better to my ear. If you lose some tone by doing this you can adjust some of the other settings in the amp section to change that.

I completely agree with the statement about recorded guitars having much less gain than what people think. This happens live as well. I have had many occasions where I have been invited up on stage to play a few songs with other bands and the guitar tones always sound a lot different on stage near the amp. For some reason we as guitarists think we need tons of gain to get heavy tones and it just isn't the case. It is all about frequencies.

TRS and XLR cables are noise canceling by nature. It doesn't mean that you couldn't get some noise introduced into your signal, it will take a little more interference to get it.

I don't use expensive cables when it comes to XLR or TRS cables. I use cables that have good guarantees on them from some of the bigger stores. They work well. I use them in the studio as well as live. I have not had any issues with profiling so far.

They should be the same. I would recommend using the Amp volume for one specific reason that was brought up last week in another post. If you boost it at the amp volume level, you should be able to see the lights change on the front of the Kemper. That can serve as an indicator that it did actually change. I really like this idea since I use a Kemper Stage. I like more indication that the change I wanted to happen did actually happen.

That looks like the installer is either missing a file or it is corrupt. I would try deleting package and downloading it again.

It would help to know how you are doing the install as well. I usually do it from Rig Manager and it always works like it should.