Posts by Dynochrome

Thanks, I got it now. It's simple just like you said. I don't understand why it is that way but it doesn't matter it works! Every other button lights up to "steer the way" except the store button.. I'm used to digital rigs that when you make an edit that will go away if you change presets, the store light will come on.

When I get a new unit I am curious and have to know most everything.. What does the capital "E" mean on the right of the screen by both the author name in browse and to the right of performance name in performance mode?

I am still struggling with rig names in Performance mode. How can I get the actual rig name that is loaded to display and not whatever rig was first put into the slot.
    So, if I am setting up a Performance for the studio with the sounds of a Boogie I have profiled, when I am bringing different profiles of my Boogie in and out of the slots, only the name of the first one that is brought into the slot sticks. When I change to a different Boogie profile, the name in the slot is not the current one loaded into the slot. Using the knob to browse amps only shots the last amp in the list and not the amp that is loaded.
    This makes it s almost impossible to quickly know what profile I actually have loaded into the slot. These profiles are all subtly different.

Why does the unit insist on keeping the name of the first rig imported into the slot? How do I get it to display the actual current rig. I am sure I must be doing something wrong or missing a display setting somewhere.

I don't know if this helps but a lot of my problems were everything kept reverting to "crunch" as soon as I exited Rig manager even though I pressed "save to device" I found if I savce to local first then to device everything worked. I don't know if that is an extra step but it worked for me finally.

Press LOCK in order to check what is locked.

I did that in both modes. It reads in both: " Lock Module select or deselect modules or selections" How do I tell what is locked by that screen? I can see what has a pic of a lock on it (nothing in both modes) I'm guessing locking is not my problem here

"that means if you want to erase the morphed value for gain, then sweep the gain value beyond the morphed value for gain."

See, the way it was wrote it doesn't literally say the same specific control. It says ANY parameter, not the one you are trying to change. I take things very literally.

So petty picking aside lol, are you in base mode and you just sweep the parameter past the value? You don't go into morphed mode, it's done right from there? Do you save afterwards if you want it to stay that way? (I don't think that is mentioned)

As I wrote I'm used to following instructions to the letter and not presuming much , even if it makes common sense to me to do the oppisite. There are a lot of things that would make sense to me but not to others.

I agree. I am no stranger to absorbing manuals. I have been into the manuals for about two weeks now. Some things are not always laid out in the way that makes sense to everyone. I always try to look before I ask. I'm going to review all the help I received today and try some remedies.

Manual: "You can erase Morphing of any parameter by turning the morphed value back to the base value."

OK I understand easy enough but then it reads...

"• A safer way to erase a Morphing is to first activate the Base Sound, and then sweep the base value of any parameter past the morphed value."

And then what? Save?

I don't understand this at all. The manual is telling you to activate base sound and sweep any parameter value with the base sound engaged. I don't understand what that will do or if that is really what they meant to write. Do they mean sweep any morphed parameter value while on base sound? Even so, if I have base gain on 5 and morphed gain on 8 I just go to base mode and sweep gain past 8, back to 5 and save? The manual reads:"While the Base Sound is active, any edits of continuous parameters are associated with the Base Sound. While Morph Sound is active, any edits of continuous parameters only affect the Morph Sound." so how does sweeping a value in base mode erase the morphed value? Is that a print error or am I missing something?

Another scenario is if I had the base gain on 5 and the morphed gain maxed. I couldn't sweep PAST the value then.

I know there is a page in rig settings to view and delete but I wanted to understand this method. I usually read things in manuals and follow along verbatim, so I may just be misinterpreting something.

"If you dial the BROWSE knob, while you are in Performance Mode you normally load complete Rigs and these include the complete signal chain"

Just wondering if that also includes the morphing that you have set up on that rig?

Just wondering, if you add a stomp to a rig in a performance, say in X, and other rigs in the same performance already have something in X, will they be overwrote if you select "entire performance" when adding the new one? If so that would be pretty cool for say quickly adding the same reverb to all when one or more of the rigs have a different reverb than you want in that particular performance for everything.

So any of the flashy light things that might happen would have been fixed in later updates of the head if they were remedied. I got my unit, updated it and the flashy thing happened for a while, but after a few reboots I haven't seen it happen. Strange but all seems ok now....

I didn't think perform and browse mode each have their own lock settings. So when you press LOCK it shows you what is locked? I don't remember seeing a list of what is locked/unlocked but I will look again. Do you have to hold lock down or just tap it?

Are you supposed to have the chicken head knob set to "performance mode" to edit performances in rig manager? I was able to do some work in rig manager with performances in browse mode, but sometimes the option to initialize performances was greyed out for some reason and I don't know why.

In the end of the input video video it says that you must lock distortion sensitivity if you want it to work on all rigs but does not say how it will act if you don't.

Does that mean it will reset if you choose another rig or stay active in the rig you first set it on only if you return to it? The little details are not clear here.

When it said "all rigs" does that mean the ones in performances also? Because I am understanding that they are separated from the browser rigs edit wise. It should have specified that as well.

When I wrote "unit's presets" I meant preset rigs in "my profiler" I'm used to calling them presets. The manual explains it for the head/rack but not the rig manager that I can find. I watched the video but it leaves a lot of questions. Like in rig manager do you have to have the head set on performance mode to edit / create performances?

I know nothing is locked in browse but no I have not checked performance mode, but I will when I get home.

Performance Mode Display.

If you have the Remote, you can change the display for Performances on the Remote

Press the System button

Navigate to page 12/18

Toggle the first soft button to switch between the two layouts.

Can someone tell me where to find this in the manual? I have searched The main manual, remote quick start and Quick start for head and "Performance Mode Display" Is not found anywhere in them.

I have tried rig manager, just like in the video. I select, copy a rig from the unit's presets, then paste them in the slot. The FX don't come with and they are not locked.

I haven't tried building performances from the head. I prefer to work in rig manager if possible and I definitely have to study up & understand about the naming thing. It keeps sticking in things like "crunch" where I don't want them but I'll absorb what you said above when I try again.

It really should be a lot easier than this to get what you want. It should be just drag and copy to the performance and have everything including rig name in there with the ability to easily rename and see it large in the footswitch display. I'm no stranger to interfaces like rig manager, I have used them for several units since about 1998 and have never had the troubles I do with rig manager.

Another thing I don't understand about rig manager is when building a performance with the head's (not local) performances opened,at what point and how do I save? Do you have to push the save button on the head or is there a button that saves the performances to the rig?

If there was detailed information about building performances with rig manager, I'd love to read it .

If I missed it, I apologize I don't mind reading.. I will rescan the main manual. I must have overlooked the controller display thing.

I'm just wondering how many people just use browse mode live with a footswitch. Almost seems easier although I do see benefit to grouping rigs as long as it works easily.