Posts by Vincent Buuron

Hey you guys!

I tried the setup Wheresthedug proposed, and it actually works fine ! So thanks a lot Alan, much appreciated.

Now I can use the Kemper just for the effects when playing at home with some friends, while still using my own tube amp.

I also tried inserting a profile just after V1 (in the loop return) and that gave some interesting results aswell.

Endless Kemper fun !!

That's actually a very good idea...profile my amp!

You know I was just wondering, but I realise there's not a big point doing such a thing; Mainly it started when I created an insert loop on my amp (I build it myself and modify it quite a bit).

Using it to amplify the Kemper really is a nice, but I wanted something more. Anyway thanks for the feedback, yes, the 4 cable method, used to do that with the G-System (years ago).

Hello all you Kemper girls and boys !!

I have been wondering (and searching!) if it's possible to do the following setup: (see drawing attached)

• Guitar into Kemper
    • Signal through 'STOMP SECTION' (A in my little drawing)
    • Signal out to 'Guitar in' on my amp
    • Signal through preamp section of my amp
    • Signal out from the amp to the Kemper using 'FX SEND/RETURN'

thiq would allow me to use the preamp of my homebrew 5E3 (which can be cool), BUT with some boost or distortion in fromt of the amp AND use the delay/reverb section right behind the first gain stage (V1) of the amp, just before sending it through the rest of the amp.

I know the reverb should be inserted at this exact spot, I used the Rob Robinette mod to insert an effects loop,it works perfectly, and already allows me to use the Kemper with my tube amp without losing most of the character of the used profile:

https://robrobinette.com/5e3_Modifications.htm

I tried to find the way how to set this up but somehow haven't found it quite yet...anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Kind regards, Vincent

Hi there !

How would you say the sound quality would 'survive' using that Focusrite Clarett sound card through S/pdif? Does it come anywhere close to the sound we get using the headphones? I use an Edirol UA-5 (yes, it's rather old) which has S/pdif input but hte sound still is pretty bad compared to what I get directly using a good headset.

Hi y'all !!

I use my marvelous Effectrode Blackbird preamp pedal, like you, in front of the Kemper; Just like I would with any other amp!

The result is exactly the same; The Blackbird brings that sweet, coloured fender-flavour to my sound, and stays as transparant as it would with an 'ordinary' tube amp (still have those, too).

The result is...astounding!!

Thank you all so very much for the nice support, I really appreciate that!

For now I prefer not usung the PC anyway, as I can tweak everything directly on the Kemper (that's why I choose the head plus foot controller 8))

It works so good I can't believe how easy it is to play around without being slowed down by menus!

Now I'm creating my songs setup in performance mode.

So far so good except for the sound stopping abrubtly whilst switching from one slot to another :/...

Kind regards,

Vincent

So now Im blocked in some sort of dillemma; I wish to download the last OS (the beta-version) but wish to continue using the 'old' RM...would this be compatible? Please bare in mind that I only need the RM to import rigs and stuff, I do all the tweaking on the (extremely well laid-out) Kemper head.

EDIT: I just read that the new oS updates require the latest version of the RM, so I guess this closes the issue

be aware that there is no support for older OS versions or older versions for RM - many possible issues were fixed in later versions, so the troubleshooting route will always be -> update to the latest release version.

I am aware of that, for now I'm just getting started...and loving the Kemper :love:!!

Remember that if you stay with ab ildet version of RM you won't be abke to use it with the latest OS for things like tje new Drive fx etc.

Now that's an interesting point; Would i still be able to do the 'profile administration' bit? I would always do the actual rig setup directly on the Kemper, except the profile organisation, renaming, creating personal folders etc.

BTW checked out you YT channel there are some interesting video's there :thumbup:

I have Windows 10 on my music production only desktop and it works flawlessly.

By now Windows 7 is a security risk.

Thanks for jumping in Don, all these helping hands give ma a very solid opinion on this community....yes you're right (ofcourse) we're in 2020 so it would be time to let go of W7 !!

I might actually consider doing so...;)

Sollazzon, first please excuse me for misposting...I'm here since yesterday and a bit lost in the labyrinth of threads...nonetheless thanks so very much, I will try this link as soon as I get home tonight!

Have a great weekend to you all :)

thank you all so much for the warm welcome; this proves to be a very cool and joyful community 8)!

My Kemper setup blows me away, yesterday I literally got stuck on a straightforward Fender Champ profile, the sounds are so pure and respectfull to the original amp.

I'm one of the guys capable of building and repairing tube amps (the one in my avatar is one I build myself from A to Z, including the housing etc. I also build that '62 telecaster myself by the way (a little auto-promotion can't hurt, can it? ;))

My point is that I've been tweaking, modding, building and developing hand wired tube amps since over three decades, and thus consider myself in a rather fair position to judge the Kemper.

Well, it's magic.

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to get an older version of the Rig Manager; My PC is running Windows 7 64 bit, with Reason 11 and lots of other tailor-made softwre installed.

Upgrading to Windows 8 or 10 is not an option :thumbdown:, as I really don't like these OS's at all.

Anyone can lead me to where the former version of the Rig Manager hides out?

Kind regards,

Vincent

Hi everyone!

So, after a quest that lasted almost 30 years I have finally reached the shores of Tone Heaven...and found the Holy Graal of sweet sound!

I'm absolutely blown away by the Kemper, bought myself a Kemper head (without the power amp) and the Kemper foot controller, and it's simply unbelievable.

I joined the Kemper society to exchange profiles, but for the moment (let's be honest) I'm more likely to check profiles from other users than to contribute with mine ;)

But...i do own a rather nice homebuild tube-amp, and I also own a couple of good microphones (SM57 seems to work good?) so I will certainly try to profile it.

Have a nice day,

Vincent