Posts by gavinashun

What radial box can do that? He has 2 cables coming out of the guitar? :D

I imagine that the "guitar" is actually an A/B (A/B/Y) pedal, but then you wouldn't need the "hypo switcher" at all.

Maybe you need a new diagram? I am... :/

That was to illustrate the 2 paths. Made the diagram in 10 seconds. The box is doing the switching and it is 1 guitar cord obviously. Here is updated diagram (with a picture of a guitar cable to help clarify!) This is exactly what Victory V4 preamps do.

Sorry, that does make sense. I presume you have written something different from what you actually meant as you would never run a powered Kemper (powered output) into the retun of a combo which would completely blow the combo.

could you draw a quick diagram of how mean to connect the KPA and combo to help explain your scenario.

Sorry, monitor out, non-powered. Otherwise the same. People use KPA's into return of amp Fx all the time... so basically that but then also switching between regular amp in (no KPA).

Here is diagram.

No, although the signal for the Monitor Output and Speaker Ouput are same up to the final stage th Monitor Output has no AMPLIFIER section so can’t drive a passive speaker. You use the Monitor Out for an Active Speaker (the amp is in the speaker) but Speaker Out for a Passive Speaker (the speaker doesn’t have its own amp so needs an already amplified signal).

When using the Speaker Output you MUST use a Speaker Cable and NOT a regular instrument cable or you run this risk of melting the cable and frying your amp (or worse).

Ah, thank you very much. Wow, that manual wording is incredibly misleading. The passage I posted literally talks about using Monitor Out with "unpowered full-range cabinets."

But cool cool - I'll use the Speaker Out with a Speaker Cable. Thank you!

Thanks both. I'm fairly certain the Monitor out will also work just fine. I started digging into the manual (finally, I know). And found this:

--------------

The optional built-in power amplifier allows you to connect your PowerHead or PowerRack to 4, 8, and 16-ohms guitar cabinets, as well as unpowered full-range cabinets. It is cabled to the MONITOR OUTPUT internally, so all features of the MONITOR OUTPUT are applied to the internal power amplifier as well. Please refer to the MONITOR OUTPUT chapter of this manual for more detailed information.

----------------

I had a thread a few days ago with this exact same question but for an *Active* Atomic CLR FRFR. I'm realizing I'm dumb (well, I didn't *just* realize that) and I actually bought a *passive* Atomic CLR FRFR. So my questions:

What output from Kemper: Speaker out (the red one)? Monitor? Main? Does it even matter? I assume I'll need the power amp "on" on the Kemper.

What cable? Assume I'll use speaker cable, yeah?

Thanks everyone. I *did* do some forum searching but couldn't find a definitive answer to this. I also know I should RTFM (read the fking manual!) but I've got a 60 hour/week job, 2 and 6 year olds, and our babysitter is out with COVID. So I'm a bit short on time. Thanks all!

I've been playing my Kemper Power Head for over a year now. I've been playing through headphones mostly and more recently a Kemper Kabinet. I've wanted to experiment with an FRFR monitor so I just bought an Atomic CLR Active wedge. Coming in a few days.

Just to confirm, best way to use this would be "Monitor Out" from the Kemper, ya? And what type of cable would I use? My searches of the forum lead me to believe just a standard guitar cable, is that right?

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips to try! I haven't systematically played with: bass boost, sweetening, or comparing monitor EQ vs. headphone EQ.

These seem like very logical things to try, thanks!

Beginner Kemper user (had it for 6 months but with a 3 month hiatus in there). I've now got a GREAT sound going through my headphones ... like, really loving it.

I recently got a Kabinet and it sounds very very different through the cabinet, even when using the it in quasi-FRFR mode. I know this is "obvious" and the whole point is it is *supposed* to sound different through the Kabinet.

But to me it is different worse: I'm hearing WAY more treble and also less gain. I'm a fusion/blues/soul/jazz guy so my profiles are usually in the 2-3 gain level, which I'll boost with a mouse or TS. And it sounds great through the headphones ... but gain feels a solid "1 gain level" lower through the Kabinet.

Any ideas? I've started to play around with EQ but before I experiment too deeply there I'm wondering if there is anything obvious I'm missing.

I'm a new user to ... that said, no I don't think you can use the effects loop while also using ipad, since it requires one of the effect loop inputs.

That said, if your use-case is a looper, the kemper remote has a GREAT looper. So you should just use that!

I was creating some Performances in Rig Manager, but I was in Browse mode. Everything seemed like it was working - I copied in some Rigs into the Performances, on My Profiler (not local library).

Then when I switched to Performance Mode they vanished.

When I did the same thing while in Performance Mode, I saw the option in Rig Manager to save the performance.

So the lesson I learned was "don't work on Performances in Rig Manager unless you are in Performance mode."

Is that the right lesson, or am I missing something?

Your interpretation is excellent.

Personally, I have always had excellent results using studio profiles with monitor cab off, and that's why it's my preference.

Gotcha thanks! Cool, glad I got that right.

Sounds good RE: your preference. I'm glad this is the case because, as I'm sure you know, there are many awesome 3rd party profiles that are only Studio and that don't have a Direct or Merged profile also available. So I'm glad that Studio + monitor cab off is considered a good option. (I wasn't sure if there was a school of thought that would say "better to not have to add the algorithmic subtraction step" before getting the Kabinet + Kone incorporated.)

Noob'ish poster here. Got my Kemper about 6 months ago (but only really had 2 good months with it) and just got a Kabinet a couple weeks ago.

Is there any consensus on what would be the best option for "amp in the room" sound?

(A) Studio profile (so, profiled with amp and cabinet) and with monitor cabinet ON (which as I understand it, would be kind of like an FRFR right? Like, we are using the studio profiled sound for the cabinet.)

(B) Studio profile but turning monitor cabinet OFF (which, as I understand it, would be Kemper subtracting it's interpretation of what the profile's impact of the cabinet is, and then using the Kabinet + Kone's to replace that part of the sound).

(C) Direct profile with monitor cabinet OFF (which as I understand it is a profile with only the amp, not cabinet, and then the Kabinet + Kone filling in that part of the sound).

First of all, is my interpretation of those different options correct?

Second, anyone have strong opinions on which is the best, if your goal is "amp in the room?"

Hi - quick noob question. I'm trying to manage my effects presets within Rig Manager. I know how to add presets from unit into Rig Manager, how to add them to Local Library, how to make custom folders in Local Library, and how to get those presets (or others) onto my Rigs.

My question is - how do I rename the "Name" field on the presets? They load it with a very generic name of the Rig itself but I'd like to give it a name to better remember what it actually is (e.g. "SwirlyRoto" or whatever).

There is no Right Click menu for this, double clicking on the Name does nothing, and so far I dont' see any way to do this. It must be possible cause I see all kinds of custom names on Presets that are downloaded from 3rd parties.

But how to do that myself?

yes i would love to hear your update!

I was looking at some Tannoy Gold 7. Read some good reviews from guitar players

So I just set up my pair of ADAM A7x's (on Rockville monitor stands). As mentioned, I've owned the Kemper for about 10 days now ... up until tonight I've only played them through headphones.

The ADAM A7x's sound great! As to the question of the thread: I think this is a brilliant solution for at home, bedroom level playing. I actually only have played the ADAM's very quiet, since kids are asleep. But it sounded great. I'm sure it would sound better turned up a bit, but the point is: I can easily get bedroom volumes in a way that has not been easy with my tube amps (which was the whole reason I bought the Kemper).

I don't have a ton on which to make a comparison - all I know is running the Kemper mains into the ADAM A7x's produced a great sound instantly. They definitely aren't cheap and I'm positive that great results could be had with cheaper nearfields. But I can vouch for the A7x's being awesome and noob-proof!