Posts by Kaschko

I have a favorite profile for which I usually use an imprint since the imprint is closer to what the profile feels via studio headphones. I was just wondering how I should position the Kemper Kabinet to get the best impression for more subtle changes that I might have to do with my guitar knobs.

If you want to use it as a monitor for the sound that is being sent to the PA, use the Kabinet in Full Range Mode, aimed at your face.

So if it feels harsh in the beam, it‘s most likely also harsh going into FOH?

I‘m asking because with normal amps I find they sound better if they‘re slightly angled away from me.

And how about using imprints, is their “real” sound also in the centre or does something like this not exist?

Where do you place the Kabinet when you play guitar? Do you aim it straight at your ears or do you angle it away from yourself?

When will I get the best idea of what the profile actually sounds like (what's going to FOH) = inside the beam or away from it?

Thanks!

It is because social media, as they operate today, are platforms created almost exclusively to get information about you and sell this information to advertisers (among other bad things they contribute to, and which are way outside of scope of this forum etc). They are useful, can't deny it, but the price you and societies are paying for using them is higher than you think. Vendors are free to choose their communication channels but relying solely on social media for communication with customers is just not wise (you can find a lot of examples where companies were screwed by social media lock-outs) and excludes people who choose not to use them for this or other reason.

Don‘t forget to mention how social media encourages shallow vanity that leads to depression in children, spreads fake news that threaten democracies, and produces information bubbles that lead to an entire generation believe only THEY know the truth and everybody else is blind to it. Add to that cancel culture, foreign interference and conspiracy theories and you know why I won‘t be complicit in this travesty, not even for a free Kemper profile.

Anyone…?

I often find myself battling that barkiness as well. Haven't found the perfect solution on the Kemper yet but dialing back both treble and presence by -0.5 often helps.

What I usually do, however, is dial back the volume on the guitar a little. If I play my bridge on 10 everything seems a little too edgy. I guess you've gone through all of these solutions though and am interested what others have to add.

Just one more thing, I deleted all my Top Jimi profiles a while ago since they all seemed incredibly harsh to me. There are much smoother profiles out there.

Have you contacted support yet?

Without knowing what you've tried so far it's hard to help. It's just a drag and drop process so I'm not sure what can have gone wrong. Have you tried to download the profiles again from wherever you bought them? Maybe they got compromised.

Stick with whatever sample rate you have been using before. No matter if it's 44.1kHz or 48kHz. A gazillion of productions/recordings have been (and continue to be) made over the past decades using these sample rates and they're absolutely fine.

Sigh...

I wasn't talking about music production or recording. He said the headphone out of his Kemper sounds better than his sound card so I suggested trying a higher sample rate into the sound card. That's all this has been about. And Monkey_Man even wrote...

It's possible that the interface produces a slightly-better result due to an intentional sweet spot.

...before suggesting to not try it. If this was about recording only, I wouldn't have suggested the 96k sample rate. All that being said, it all points at the fact that Caste75 had SPACE on through his Kemper headphone out but not into his interface and that seems to have solved his problem anyway.

Just a little warning: Tone Junkie writes on his website that after purchasing the Everything Pack you can contact him again if you want him to send you newer releases that appeared since your purchase. He writes "Have you purchased a Tone Junkie Everything Pack previously but want all the packs that have since been released? ... Fill out the form below, whether you've purchased an earlier version of the Everything Pack or just single packs we can upgrade you to the current everything pack at a price that makes sense for you!"

He states he would usually reply in less than 24 hours but I've been writing him for weeks now and got no response so far. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thank you man, it did the trick I think! I'll check about the higher bit rate now, but I just found out that I cannot go higher than 48 kHz. At 96 kHz I get no sounds anymore. Anyway, getting there. Many thanks!!

Awesome! If you still want to try the higher sample rate, you need to change it on your soundcard and the Kemper to the same rate, otherwise there is no sound. The motu audio console can change to 96k, then you should use the Kemper as the master and the motu as slave. On my focusrite I have to snych to SPDIF (not internal) and then change it on the Kemper to internal. It‘s a bit unintuitive but you‘ll figure it out. Basically both devices have a romantic dance and you need to decide which one is leading.