Posts by onesixtyfourth

check the output source setting for the monitor output in the output menu. From your description it sounds as if you have Git/Studio or Git/processed selected. These sources will give you the naked guitar signal with no way to control the volume.

Master Mono is the default setting that will deliver the full signal in mono and controllable from the rig volume and the master volume knob (if the monitor output link is activated in the output menu)

You are spot on I know I had that in the settings. However I have just hit init globals which has removed this and any other silly things I may have done. Thank you for taking the time and I again apologise for such a silly question.

Sorry about this and I am currently working through the manual to try to figure it out but I am no longer able to turn the volume down when I play with the Kabinet as my output. I have obviously changed a setting that has done this but I do not know what. I suspect I fat fingered something. Even turning down the main and rig volume seems to do nothing. So like I said I am off to look through the manual but if anyone has any idea I would appreciate a clue. thanks in advance.

I am just a couple years younger than you and was using a the practice amp which I liked. I bought the power bundle (profiler, remote & kabinet) recently and I love it. Easy to use sounds great either through headphones ( when Mrs home) and at low volume. My advice is get yourself one you won't regret it.

Thanks ST that's useful info. Would anyone like to answer the question why no Linux version? It seems to something requested before & shouldn't be too difficult to do. Seems unreasonable to expect someone like myself to change computing platform to use rig manager. Good that I have alternatives though.

Welcome, mate.

I'd suggest the new M1-powered MacBook Air. You won't find a more-powerful laptop for anything remotely-near the price, let alone one that doesn't have a fan. It'd make an ideal, silent partner to your Kemper IMHO.

No thanks. Been a Linux guy at home for a long time and don't intend to spend that kind of money for a spare. The kit I have is perfect for everything else.

I wouldn't use Wine as never had much luck with it. A cheap/old pc is an option I have an old laptop somewhere. Is there a specific reason rig manager isn' t ported to *nix.

Hi all, I have just taken delivery of my Kemper power bundle (well Kabinet hasn't arrived yet) & I am amazed at what this thing can do. I am not a pro just an enthusiastic home user so a lot of the jargon I am coming across is new to me. Currently I am using headphones and have gone through the 287 rigs assigning the ones I like the best as favourites. I will eventually want to connect it to my computer and record what I play so I will have to work those connections out. Unfortunately I am a Linux user so I won't be able to use the Rig Manager app on the pc I have but I am happy to do updates with the usb method. I am assuming that I can still get the wet/dry signal in (see learning already).

I have been using a Yamaha THR10C for a couple of years now and have that set up to take a signal in (dry only I think) and send a signal back to the THR so I can have backing tracks or youtube videos to play over. I will set this up with the Kemper eventually.

I have a lot to learn and I am looking forward to it. I will be checking these forums a lot and on this first visit I have already realised a mistake I was about to make. I was going to use an instrument cable for the Kabinet when there are speaker cables. So thanks already and, no doubt, I will see you soon.