Posts by 0c0ae758d7281e05704547e2c7296ce2a385579a

Seriously? Clicking / static sounds when changing scenes? I'm sorry, but for live use the Pod XT Live still wins (joking/not joking). That's just unusable

Once again, it's stuff that can be worked out in software. Button functions can change, the GUI can change. It's only the hardware that stays. As an example the Helix just came out with true preset spillover, meaning there is no delay at all when changing presets. Others will follow.

the latest fwiw. a little nit picky for the first iteration OS but at least the things that he has seen as oversights are now public.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Me? I have an FM3, a Kemper and a Helix. why? I'm a gear head. I like them all for different reasons but if there was one device that did it all better than the others then I would just use one.

wow, that takes me back. I used to have an Ibanez X-ing Midi guitar in the early 90’s. The ability to create total non guitar like sounds was fantastic but like most of the early midi guitars the tracking was a bit hit or miss. The new developments like Jam Origin and Triple Play etc are exciting but I would definitely like the option to create synth like non modi sounds within a device like the Kemper.

I agree with Nikos the future of guitar tech must be to go beyond replicating existing valve amps and create something original.

That's what Fractal does very well. Helix has it too. Glenn DeLaune has a patch for organ you can check out. The recent Boss SY-1 was a real advancement

Roland/Boss has been doing it forever. Jam Origin has audio to midi which is pretty good with no need to use a midi attachment. Fractals stuff is pretty good. The difficulty for guitar has always been related to tracking when trying to not have a midi module. Pick scrapes, hammer ons, bends, slides, rakes, aggressive picking, palm mutes, all present different attacks. Anyway, the new Fractal code works pretty well. For the roland stuff, I found the roland midi to be good for tracking using soft sounds like Native Instruments. I didn't understand the x1000 comment. If you are talking about cores, the axefx3 has 16 cores.

As long as people try to find the tone in their head, there will be interest. Take a look at all of the software plug ins for modeling. It is endless. That's where Kemper began and for those that are successful, the demand for like hardware follows. The QC is simply Neural's response for the fact that their plug ins are very popular. They shot the lights out with Plini and Nolly.

I would definitely take all of the influencer's reviews (mostly basically promos and ads) AND the hype with a grain of salt lol, that's all i'm saying:)

Like I said before, I prefer the endorsement/influencer ads over Joe Shmoe so-called "honest" comparison videos because I just want to see an overview of what the product has to offer and how a pro can make it sound. If it piques my interest then I'll buy it, and if it turns out it is not for me then I'll return it within the grace period. These devices are way too deep to make a simple binary decision of A is better than B without trying them first hand.

I would definitely take Rhett's review with a grain of salt. All of the other major reviewers that get youtube visits seemed to pull off fantastic pieces of music. (Tom, Bea, PT) DCastro is on the TGP forum discussing upcoming features as many of you may know. Looper, button configurations, and stuff. Regardless, until I can try it myself, I won't know.

Thats exactly what i do. I dont get why people would rather watch *endorsement* reviews when they can look for objective feedback from someone more reputable. I remember Bea saying (back in 2017 or so) that Kemper feels just like a tube amp, and now all of a sudden (when he got endorsed by neural) QC feels better than Kemper. And then people call someone like him *good and honest guy*. But whatever its easy to sell products to that kind of audience anyway.

I think he was just giving his opinion and was not biased towards one camp or the other. He also endorses Kemper profiles through Victory amps. You could see how awkward he looked when he had to state what he felt. As for the sounds I heard, the distortion sounds weren't even close so I don't know how anyone could hide that. I think he is in a difficult spot now. What if he tries his absolute best to make the Kemper sound as good as the QC and he comes up short? People will then blame his profiling abilities or they will nit pick something else. I hope they sound closer but I'm not sure if they will.

For videos, I prefer the endorsement ads over Joe Shmoe "honest" comparison videos because I just want to see an overview of what the product has to offer and how a pro can make it sound. If it piques my interest then I'll buy it and if it turns out it is not for me then I'll return it within the grace period.

That's the thing. There was no error. As CK outlined above, "Refining is an option, that should be made if you FEEL the Profile should be closer in certain aspects." It was not performed as Rabea thought it was unfair if he did it on the Kemper when the QC offers no such option. We'll see what happens.

I dont know guys why you love praising Rabea so much, hes yt channel used to be good until his started shilling out paid gear *reviews* 24/7, look at his videos almost all of them are infomercials. Never heard from him this is crap don't buy this (unlike from someone like Ola for example).

Yes, it's called endorsing products. It has happened forever. The point is he has a reputation of being a respected player and people want him to demo their products because they know it is in good hands. In 2017 Rabea even posted a youtube video entitled "Getting Endorsements". It's not just him, Pete Thorn, Tom Quayle and a slew of others do the same. I can understand your frustration if you want an honest review and if that's your expectation you have to look somewhere else. If you look at Pete Thorn as an example, tons of product demos, and he makes them all sound great. That's exactly what the vendors want and are paying for. Through this COVID nightmare, it has been a means for many to earn money without gigging.

I agree wholeheartedly. Rabea always seems genuine and he has also worked on the Kemper side creating profiles for vendor(s). There is no reason to discredit him.

I don't think Rabea would intentionally bash Kemper, he has been a user and reviewer of it for some time and way back on Anderton's he was a huge advocate for it and he also hooked up with Victory to make profiles. As he stated in his original comparison post today regarding not using the REFINE. "Yep! Already addressed, I’ve pinned a comment. Didn’t realise it was the make or break of a good profile."

If you're going to do a comparison video you have to play to the strengths of what youre comparing, otherwise it's just null and vaoid.

as far as he explained, that was not the intention of the video. He didn't make the Neural sound better or fine tune it. It was a straight capture in both cases. Any way, I am only reiterating what was obviously stated in the video. There is no reason the lynch the guy. I can only imagine what other crap the guy is going to get after he does a video with the refined process performed. On to the next topic.

Haaa! The video is offline! Dang, how ridiculous that comparison was!

Victory :D!

I feel for the guy. He posts a video clearly stating he didn't REFINE and why he did it that way and he's stoned for it. I wish he would have left the old one up so we could see the comparison of the old vid to new. Rhett put one up and got the same treatment and didn't even say his methodologies or rationale.

I appreciate Rabea putting this up. He's setting himself up as a target. He explained everything thoroughly of what he did and his rationale for doing so. People need to take these videos less literally. Throughout the video he tries to disclaim that it was just for fun. Both sound good and could be fine tuned. Perhaps the Kemper would have had more feel if he refined it but he explained why he didn't. Bottom line, it looks like a great new product from Neural and may fuel CK to get a Kemper 2 out with a better UI. I think to be totally fair Rabea should follow up with another test with the Kemper refined. I posted as such on his youtube video.