Posts by 0c0ae758d7281e05704547e2c7296ce2a385579a

hi CK,

thanks for taking the time to search.

My point was simply that some forum entries listed in this particular thread had people stating that this cocked wah condition was made up in the recent videos, or they had never heard of this before.

I had heard complaints before and was simply disputing those thread entries that it was not made up. I have not looked into all threads mentioned as that was not my intent.

My search was kemper cocked wah on Google with no quotes. This was the page I received.

https://www.google.com/search?…id=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I only lised a few links below:

https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…ds/kemper-issues.1319195/

Quacky wah-wah sound to many rigs...

Cocked Wah Sound

About this cocked wah/autowah/muddy/blanket on speaker tone on some profiles

Trouble with high gain sounds

Once again I'm not here to argue the point as I like the Kemper profiler. It is just not the first time that I have heard the complaint reported.

Thanks

Threads that vanished into oblivion because the claims could never be backed up.

The thing is: the internet doesn’t forget (even the fake claims).
    Don't waste your time with it.

It is there, so I'm not why you state otherwise. Ck referenced the old Andersons video. Within that they even said that there was a difference but they did like the result. It would be nice for someone to work with the vendor to walk through things. I no longer have amps otherwise I would do it.

,,,, , ,,,,,,,,??,,,,,,,?,,,,,,, z,, ,,? , ?, ,

If anyone ask me, its just the "new guys" and the media suddenly talking about a "cocked wah" sound in the kemper, never heard that,

the cocked wah issue has been around a long time. Just Google it. There are many kemper forum threads on it dating back 8+ years and it is there.

I would describe it as an eq difference that's all.

It would be nice if the guitar wasn't part of the equation for the profiling. Some sort of loopback device you plug in would be better that doesn't take into account the guitar being used.

I'd not like to live without definition and amp compressor.

The capture is represented as an amp block so you can still add whatever blocks you wish to it. EQ/compressor/gain for instance. It's not like the capture is the all in one. From what I have seen, captures vary greatly on the Kemper which is why I have about 20 JCM 800 profiles both paid and unpaid. I'm interested to see if the QC cloud will have the same.

Not discrediting anything you said but in other forums Doug Castro has addressed many of these questions head on. There are no longer any dropouts on scenes. Paul was using an earlier code. The button mappings will be changed based on user experience. More amps and effects to come. They are thinking of a 'save as' feature when trying to edit a factory preset as well as more global commands. Not sure of the 5 year comment. Kemper has come a long way in 10 years.

He's belonging to group D..?

I should have explained myself better and should not have said 'garbage'. Having said that it is human nature to want to summarize and compartmentalize. Cognitive psychology is full of information proving that it is fundamental in human behavior. It makes the process easier and reduces overhead. Do I need groceries, yes/no? So you go to the store. Do I need milk yes/no. Not all things are that simple. I don't think you can categorize devices this way nor people. The groups that you list make it easy for summary but many people fall into many categories which disproves the system. Many people produce, tour, record and are tech nerds. Think Pete Thorn. These devices fall victim to A/B comparisons but it is an overstatement to say one is completely better than the other in all aspects. For example I have a Helix, Kemper, and FM3. They are all great. Some sounds on the Helix are favorites, some FM3 and some Kemper. People also hear things differently. As an example, to say that one has better effects is all too encompassing. For me the reverbs in the Fractal are stellar but it ends there. The UI is also different for each, as is the workflow. So that was the root of my binary comment . A/B comparisons are fine for deciding which one should I buy but it certainly discounts a lot of valuable information. Unfortunately these youtube videos are simple snapshots of what the gear can do, but we have nothing else to go on right now.

Wow, as if your way of thinking is way beyond others to declare they are telling "garbage". Actually discarding something as garbage without acknowledging any worth of it, is more in line to binary thinking. You are playing yourself.

Glad you understand my irony. there are two types of people that bother me, those who categorize people and those who don't. ? seriously though, there are an estimated 50 million people in the world that play guitar. Not proficiently. Not my stat. If that is true then I would think that one more modeler wouldn't tip the boat. I wonder how many different types of overdrive pedals are there.

Price wise it's too much. My opinion of course :saint:Yours may vary.

It's okay to have differing opinions. I don't really have one except that I like all gear. People tend to knock gear without even trying it. Heck, I'm sure a lot of opinions will change once the product actually ships. Once I get a QC, I'll post my thoughts here. The good, the bad and the ugly. Regarding the price, that's a tough one. I wish everything were cheaper.

From "game changer" to "sounding as good as...".

I think the term game changer was supposed by be the all in one solution that could do profiling and modeling. If one unit could do profiling better than Kemper and perform modeling better than the competition then I think it would be. I don't think that they have done that yet. As well, the form factor would have to appease everyone but I don't think that would ever happen unless they start offering rack equivalents. I think it is a great first effort. A few years from now it could be quite interesting.

What is Binary Thinking? Binary thinking, also known as dichotomous thinking, happens when even complex concepts, ideas, and problems are overly simplified into being one side or another. The rest that you mention is just garbage so I will stop there. You are now blocked

I think there is some binary thinking here. A professional's touring rig can differ immensely with what they have in total. Artists can use a tremendous variety of gear for practice or even recording. Their travel rig can be different. As well, just because a professional endorses a product doesn't necessarily mean that they use it. As well, the Kemper is not indistinguishable from the source rig, but in a mix, it can be. There is room for a thousand more modelers and people will decide for themselves. Ampero, Mooer, Headrush, Positive Grid. Players get added all of the time so I'm not sure why this is even a topic. Line 6 seems to think that way by releasing a model that even competes with themselves every other year.

All forums can be toxic and misinterpreted, the guy probably hasn't slept in days. (speculation). Not many Big Wigs chime in on threads and most of his comments have been helpful. Not like some other owners/CEOs, where they can be downright ornery and tactless. I won't mention them here. I will say it is certainly not CK.

I think you mean no audio gap. There certainly is delay when switching presets (delay of the latency/lag kind as well as the effect kind). The snapshots are lag free, though.

No, there is a new feature in 3.0 for the Helix. all effects and amps must be on the same path and will use the same cpu if set in the global configuration. when switching to a new preset, it is absolutely immediate. THe problem is that your patches have to be simple enough and cpu friendly to run on one path and nothing is on the other path at all.

This from Doug Castro regarding patch changes:

"The gap between presets is an inherent limitation of having a free-form routing grid.

With Kemper, it is not the case because the signal routing is quite pre-determined so a rig change is closer to changing a scene (updating parameters in a predetermined path) rather than unloading and loading a new one.

Scenes and Stomps have been fixed, so they're seamless and quiet, Paul had a beta version (and probably could've done a better job at stating that in the video)."

You would hope so, but the fact that there was such a delay bringing this to market and they still couldn't fix it? That's a big leap of faith to hope they get around to it someday.

But as it stands, it's unusable live. When will it be usable? 6 months? A year? Never?

I'm a stomp guy. I sit on one preset during a song and punch in and out of effects. As long as there is no delay when punching in those I'm fine. Ordered.