Posts by seannaps

The power amp in the Powered Kab is an ICEPower 300ASC, it is rated for 300W @ 4 ohms. The Neo Kone in the Powered Kab is rated at 200W and 4 ohms. IMHO this is perhaps plenty of amp you might expect to need with the Neo Kone in the powered Kab. It should get pretty darn loud, and if everything is set and plugged in correctly and the Kab is working correctly, you might just need more Kabs as a single one just won't get loud enough (it is a single 1X12 after all).

I dimly recall a way to set the maximum power out of a powered Kemper head in the settings, having that set too low would reduce max volume of an unpowered Kab. Is there a similar power limit setting for a powered Kab in the Kemper?

To the OP; when you are running out of volume with the powered Kab, did you happen to notice how much power was indicated on the power meter in the Output block, and was the volume set on the Kab where it needs to be for the power meter to measure accurately? IIRC you have to have the volume on the Kab itself all the way up for the power meter in the Kemper to read accurately.

Thank you. all great advice which I have, since first posting, uncovered some of it, I would suggest that Kemper give some sort of heads up with the packaging regarding all these factors or even just a couple of the more important bullet points. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give me advice. That was very generous and kind. Thanks Mate!

Whoa - I stuck a diminished chord here. IMO the Kabinets are OK they are not as good as a high-quality Amp. I also understand they are profilers and not amps and are offering a wide range of tones packaged into one small unit..(This is OUTSTANDING) but to say they are as good as the original (NO F'n WAY) they are a reasonable facsimile that provides a much more compact simpler version, (Similar to what MP3s are of the original recordings) which I agree in many situations is worth the small sacrifice for convenience sake and it gets the FOH engineer of the hook on having to mix true live sound. However, most people on here bow down to the product like it has no short comings and it's as good as the original. Sorry NO, IT's NOT! Chill Daddy Chill

What output do you have connected to the Kabinet? Do you have monitor output connected and in the output section monitor output turned up? Do you send the right signal to that output? (Full monomaster?)

Did you try another cable?

Hey Bud! That totally did it! Many thanks for your help!

What output do you have connected to the Kabinet? Do you have monitor output connected and in the output section monitor output turned up? Do you send the right signal to that output? (Full monomaster?)

Did you try another cable?

Great questions and things to check. I'll check when I get back to the unit. Thank you for the suggestion!!
    Brand new cab;e but worth checking anyhow
    Cheers

The link is OK, you have to select what you want i.e. Main Manual and than download it. This is how this web is set up! And NO (!) there is MUCH more in the manual than in video tutorials for sure! You must only be willing to read.

Cool - Thank you again. My eyesight is slightly impaired so I like listening better but I'll take a look. Appreciate it.

dmatthews - Already all the way up. The one thing that was keeping the volume down a bit was the -12 DB cut was engaged. That definitely gave me a boost. I'll retract part of what I said earlier but I still think for the money they should have added a higher watt output. Again, my powered monitor has so much more volume and range. This thing still sounds very thin.

Ok, so I know this is a kiss the Kemper ring Forum. But I bought the Kemper Powered Kabinet and I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the volume. It's really really wimpy for $800.

My Princeton Recording amp is 3X louder than this. I think I just wasted my money on this. I'm also disappointed in Kemper for not being more forthcoming that is a glorified small and EXPENSIVE practice amp. Don't even think about band practice with this. Please let me know if I'm missing something on getting more volume. I also turned up the Amp volume in the profiler all the way and I can still hold a room level conversation in front of this Kabinet. My crappy EV ZLX12 powered Monitor gets three times the volume and costs almost half as much. What gives Kemper. Would have paid a little more to get some real DB's
    I'm also 90% sure that these YouTuber review sites are just plants from Kemper and not legit honest reviewers. Youtube has been totally "rigged" pun intended.