Posts by JoshuaL1

A simple « S » on the screen can help you notice that the switches are programmed in « scenes » mode.

Mine stand still too.

I’m not talking about mixing those « logics » but having the choice between them not mixing them as I think you’re talking about.

Having a « scene effect » option in the rig menu that could switch to this logic.

Of course In my request there’s no way to select 2 effects scenes at once. It’s not multiple on/off at the same time. So telling a switch to engage A-B-mod and the other one A-C-delay does not seem to be a problem.

It more a matter of « we don’t want to do it » than « it’s not how the system can work »

you are talking about something else.

Right now you can also download or browse rigs in Rm that makes no sense.

I don’t talk about multiple effects presets per rig, but just a switching system.

If you download a rig or go to RM you can just switch on/off the modules exactly like you do now. It has nothing to do with how the effects in the modules are programmed.

I’m just talkin about a switching system dedicated to the I II III IV switches here. Just to have more options.

Hi there.

I try to stay away to RM every time I have to make performances.

BUT, I just wanted to try some free TJ performances today.

So I drag and drop one TJ performance in my LOCAL LIBRARY. I tested it by just switching from 1 to 5, no tweaking, nothing. didn’t save anything.

I closed rig manager and it was IMPOSSIBLE to get back to my 1st performance. It always loaded the TJ performances.
    i switched off the kemper stage 3 times. Nothing worked.

I had to reopened RM go to my profiler performance library and click on my own 1st performances to load it again…

why the local library overwrite the unit performances???

Could you do something ?

And I still have some random bugs when I test some rigs. Sometimes If I just come back to my rig profiler library it just duplicate and erase a random rig.

Thanks.

it’s just need to be programmed as an option per performances.

And pick technique. How much edge is used, type of pick slant and how the pick escapes is critical. In fact, it is a huge part of why we guitarists sound different from each other. Every amp responds to picking differently. Some drastically so. No surprise that Kemper profiles would too.

yes i totally agree.

But I didn’t start playing last year and i never had that pick attack thing with any of the gear I played through all my life.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is my take. I don't think it sounds any better than yours. You can hear that my strings are bit dead at this point (don't play it much these days).

thanks for your take. Nice playing.

It’s strange that 3 takes does so much differences on the exact same profile. I know, pickups, blabla but they react really differently.

Just like if the components between the units were not the same.

This profile is known to be one of the best Marshall available, so why does it sound like That?

Joshua, I totally agree that there are many things which could be tweaked and improved. The Kemper isn’t perfect.

I often see the “scenes” example mentioned but just don’t get it to be honest. I see the 5 Performance Slots as 5 scenes already.

less programming, less time spent on creating performances, less time tweaking, more time playing.

Example :

switch 1 : delay + chorus

Switch 2 : delay + noise gate + green scream

Switch 3 : chorus + octaver + green scream

Switch 4 : tremolo + delay

in one rig you can have a lot of multiples choices without having to create 4 dedicated rigs just because you can’t assign one module to différents switches.

Exactly like an analog pedal switcher works.

without going as deep as fractal, it could be great to have more flexibility in the kemper.

Many effects, not so much slots, and switching is very very limited for that kind of « high end » unit.

Maybe they are working on it but on the Stage why are we limited to one effect assignable per switch?
    you can’t have the same module affected to 2 différents switches… nonsense.

why can’t we just have 4 effects scenes where you can recall different configurations with every effects programmed on the rig?

that’s not overthinking or that’s not that complicated to understand.

There is a lot of little improvements here and there possible that just could make our life easier.

Also « replace all » in performances could be great.
    really a lot of things can be improved.

I’m really tired of spending 4 hours on the unit just because I want to tweak or improve some of my main tones and copy/paste/select in every performances.

And sometimes the answers by techs/admin or whatever are a bit harsh

I don’t believe in The « Kemper philosophy ». Don’t tell me theywant to make things simple and have some really unatural and complicated behavior like « clean sense » that is often debated here with multiple behaviors possible. And why they just refuse to just implement an input gain like every other unit had for decades.

The kemper products are indeed great but sometimes I’m really bored at programming it. And I don’t even talk about the buggy RM.

And I can understand why people are shouting here. When you spend 2k€ on a unit that finally Don’t have the simple options that a some really cheaper brand gives. It can be frustrating.

Honestly, my Stage does not give me a lot more options and sometimes is not as easy than my old podx3 live was.

I wish I could answer that one for you. All I know is it can sound awesome so something isn’t right but I don’t know what it is 😟

yeah, thanxs anyway. :)

but honestly if I don’t find a way to make it work I gonna do my summer gigs (about 55) with the kemper and sell it.

Before I’m gonna make check my guitars by a technician and see if the problem is not coming from my instruments.

Hi Joshua, I went back and listened again to the clips you uploaded at the start of the thread. They sound OK to me although there is maybe a little squawking pick noise at the beginning of notes if that makes sense. Not really sure how to describe it but it might be the thing your are talking about. I tried to learn the part you uploaded on the MB - 69 Marshall 9 3 example and played it back myself with the same rig for as close a comparison as I could manage. Unfortunately I don't have a Strat so I used a PRS 513 in the Bridge Classic Humbucker mode for something that might be in the rough ball park of the JB Jnr in your Strat. Excuse the phrasing :S but it should be a decent basic comparison for side by side A/B listening. Do you still hear the same issues in my recording?

JoshuaL MB - 69 Mars 50 9 3

When I made the recording I also took a DI and tried it with Guitar Rig and Amplitube. They had much less gain and more bite but not as much depth to my ears.

ho thanks!

Yes it’s exactly what you described there’s a kind of strange icy frequency that comes with the attack.

I hear less in your recording. And it seems to be really more bodied and full compared to mine.
    even if the guitar is not the same, mine is thin compared to yours (talking about tone here lol). A lot of differences, more in your face, less distant, more 3D.

I really don’t get what is the problem with my stage.

Hi!

What looking to attenuate some high frequencies that were bothering me and did a sweep with the studio eq in X slot.

I was wondering why If I set a high cut at 7.5k on the output and if I put a eq in x and raise frequencies above 7.5k it affect the highs ?

thanks !

Hello there,

today i tried to profile my tubeman mkII with the torpedo live.

I tweaked my tones on this gear to what I liked, sounded really great.

Then I attempted to profile it.

Guitar>kemper stage input>send 1 to tubeman input>tubeman output to torpedo>torpedo out to kemper return 1

Impossible to profile, the send was too hot and completely messed the tone.

How could it be and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Coming in this topic again

today i wanted to try to profile my tubeman mkII preamp with a torpedo live (big fail but another subject).

So I just plugged everything guitar>tubeman>torpedo live>Soundcard.

It sounded simply awesome.

I had NOT that weird attack response like the kemper. I almost forgot how easy it was to just play…

Sustain, didn’t have to pick and pay attention to EVERY notes of my legato lines, feels like an amp and how I’m used to play for my entire pro career.

So after my failed attempt at profiling this rig, I just came back to play the kemper stage with mbritt 69 tones.
    and… attacks problem back again…

so I tweaked:

compression to 5 : helped a little but compression bring more noise

clean sense to 5 : helped a little too but now with my hss configuration (jb bridge, fender custom Texas special) I hit red on bridge on low notes pick attacks.

Even with those parameters I couldn’t get the normal feel and normal amp response of a 200$ tubeman.

Same guitar, same wireless, same Soundcard, same speaker.

I’m a little bit disappointed, I felt this since I own the kemper and no matter what profiles I use.

So Some question for my future test :

- Putting more compression and sacrifice a slot with a noise gate but it may be counterproductive. 5 is already really high and it start to messe the original profiles. How far is it recommanded to go?

- increasing clean sense : how far can I safely clip the input?

- also gonna try tube bias as I understand that it could help.

Like the others I never had this problem with any of my previous gear, is it because the kemper has too much headroom on input or something like that?

i repeat I was so relieved to play on the tubeman and torpedo, everything was clear and Easy to play as it always was with tube amps.

Is my input defective?

One year into the kemper rabbit hole here.

There’s 3 ways to use the kemper :

1 - Having all the great gear and make your own profiles

2- find a profiler that have you ear, the amp you want, the same use.

3 - take a profile you like and tweak it to death. And that’s a deep hole. Every little tweak of any parameters is important. Move one, need to adjust another.

The kemper can be really user friendly and plug and play unit but also a bug tweaking machine.