Posts by Kellerblues

update: I've tried the following

- Recorded a 10 seconds track monitoring with another box, no fuzz or buzz

- played the track back through the Stage/Kabinett and the fuzz is there,

- played the track back through the Stage/another monitor and no fuzz.

It must be something wrong with the Kone. I've sent an Email to support.

The Kone is for sure FRFR and it is supposed to be, as we advertise.

Please take care to have the "Kemper Kone" mode activated at any time.

And position yourself off-axis to the speaker, as you would do with a guitar speaker.

Kone is activated and I'm standing 45° off-axis as I would do with an amp. I've thought it was solved, but yesterday evening it was again fizzing on the highs. I've also tried connecting other active monitors and they don't do it. Maybe is something wrong with this one? I had once a Monitor that blew the tweeter, and was sounding similar.

BTW, thanks for chiming in

SOLVED

Monitor Out is set to Main Mono, the Hi/Lo Cut affects also the monitor out. I've put cuts at 7k and 100 Hz and is all good.

Looks like the Kone is not really FRFR (nore is it supposed to be) and the highest frequencies fizzes out.

Nevertheless this is now solved.

Thanks all and sorry for coming with such a beginner mistake

still sounds like you’re turning off the profile cab when you’re using imprints. But I could be wrong

Cab on the Rig is on, FOH sound is fantastic,

I'll try again this evening, maybe I have to reduce the power amp boost and increase the Monitor out volume.

What wonders me is that I can hear the fizz on the clean sounds... I'll try with a track as well

I have a probably very dumb question: do the Kemper Kone need to break in?

Reason that I'm asking is that I have the Stage since 2 weeks and I could get very easily a set of 10 sounds to cover the bases. All of them sounds fenomenal through the PA, through monitors and even through an old, beaten Kustom KBA100 that I have in my cellar at home.

Today I have received my Kemper Power Kabinet and it sounds very fizzy at almost any setting (With the imprints but even in FRFR mode) I have to turn the Presence on the Cab Out at less then 1/4 to have something that is somehow usable (but still far away from what I hear from the PA).

All the rigs are tweaked at stage level (we are preparing a small tour) and I've try to get them to sound acceptable also on the monitor out/Kemper Kabinett (also at stage volume) but no luck today.

I have the Power Amp Boost all the way up to +12dB and the Monitor Out to Main Mono at -10dB. Sweetener at 3

In FRFR mode is not as bad as with the imprints, but still fizzes like a PA box with a broken tweeter, even on clean sounds..

The meter of the Power Amp reaches 70% at peak, but no more.

I've try to plug the Monitor Out (FRFR) in a cheap box (an old beaten Alto) that is sitting in a corner at rehearsal and it was good.

Please tell me that I'm doing some stupid Kemper Newby mistake...